Thread: 20-mile Rainbows

Default 20-mile Rainbows

Towards the end of August I was going to try for some rainbows on 20-mile. I have never fished it, so I was wonder if anyone had any pointers. Do people usually fish the main river or the tributaries? Are beads, flesh or both common? Does the river get hit hard? I have a jet boat and have been up the river once.

Never really targeted rainbows. Typically always chasing silvers. Have caught some really nice dollies in pursuit of silvers.

would be interesting to try out. went up a few days ago with our prop and only made it up the left side of the fork a bend. brought the rods but only saw a few clear water opportunities. do you gotta go up farther to get into the fishing spots? i would like to get into silvers and dollies but your rainbow predicament sounds very intriguing.
    hook, line, sinker, done.

I have a jet and most of the places we fish are very small clear water streams that enter the glacial water. I've gone all the way up 20 mile to where it becomes very braided and not found a tremendous amount of clear water. If you take the right fork up glacier you can find some clear water.

Anybody been up 20 mile for Silvers or Rainbows lately? I would like to hit it once or twice. Any idiers??? "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Well? Whats the word? I heard the water was pretty high. Anybody been their lately? Any fish? thanx... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"