Thread: Interior Pike

Default Interior Pike

Just wondering if anyody is willing to give up a decent pike area near fairbanks. I finally got a river boat so I want to get out and pike fish. I was gonna hit the Dall river off the Yukon but I'm limited a bit on funds, so I am looking for a place a bit closer. PM me if you don't want to share a place on the public forum. Please and thank you in advance!

James
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

George lake near Delta Junction and the Minto flats would be the nearest, boat accessible, pike fisheries to Fairbanks. The Chena river also has a small population in it. Try near the FTWW air strip.

Best of luck!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Just a fyi, I went to George today and couldnt make it even off the tanana into the creek. It was a solid sand bar across the whole mouth and the big boulders at the mouth were completely out of the water. The tanana was the lowest I have ever seen it in all the times I have gone out to George. I tried to see if i could skip over it but was hitting big rocks and just turned out. I wonder how much water is in the creek now with it this low?

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    George lake near Delta Junction and the Minto flats would be the nearest, boat accessible, pike fisheries to Fairbanks. The Chena river also has a small population in it. Try near the FTWW air strip.

Best of luck!
    Yep those are the only locations I know of close to Fairbanks. The only other one I can think of is Healy Lake which is just North Of George Lake. It has an easier channel to get in and out of the lake with but lots of private property surrounding the lake.