Thread: Need a boat for Labor Day Weekend....

Default Need a boat for Labor Day Weekend....

For the second year in a row, my boat rental plan for the official end-of-summer, final family fun weekend just fell through.

This is a long shot, but if anyone is willing to rent their boat, shoot me a PM. I'm just looking for a seaworthy skiff, I don't need more than that (though I won't turn it down). I've boated most of my life so I have the knowledge and skills and am probably overly cautious with weather. Not looking to go far, anyway, just inside the Narrows, maybe to Jack's Bay, to do some shrimping.

I have a Denali that tows nicely up to 8000lbs. I can afford up to about $300 to rent the boat.

This isn't something I'd normally ask, but two years in a row is annoying. I've got the fishing gear organized, the charts....and now no boat.

I might have a boat you could rent. I will be working anyways. I live in the valley if thats an issue. 21' Tjet. PM me if your interested

You can email me at hi_north@yahoo.com

PM's seem to be having issues.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    I might have a boat you could rent. I will be working anyways. I live in the valley if thats an issue. 21' Tjet. PM me if your interested
    This is why I love this forum. It's not all the bickering about who is the best Halibut Charter in Homer, or about who took all the Coho's out of the Valley Streams... It's the fact that we as fellow sportsmen help one another out.

Even if Coho and Alaskabliss can't make it work... it's awesome that someone stepped up to help.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Quote Originally Posted by AKArcher View Post
    This is why I love this forum. It's not all the bickering about who is the best Halibut Charter in Homer, or about who took all the Coho's out of the Valley Streams... It's the fact that we as fellow sportsmen help one another out.

Even if Coho and Alaskabliss can't make it work... it's awesome that someone stepped up to help.
    Agreed, 100%. There are still a lot of good people in Alaska, despite rumors otherwise. We're working out the details on the boat, but our weekend should turn out to be even better than before thanks to alaskabliss.

I am happy to be able to help out. The poor boat doesn't need to be lonely just becasue I have to work! You might be making a mistake, your wife might decide you need a new Tjet after your weekend! I tried to sell it so I could buy a plane but my lovely wife put her little foot down. Now mind you, her little foot carries a heck of a kick!

I don't need to convince my wife we need a boat. She's already got her own ideas there! More a matter of affording it now....

Sent using the force

don't know if you are interested or not, but I have a 18' Klammath with a 50 hp Honda 4-stroke. center consol, galvanized trailer, marine radio,GPS 546 mount and transducer. (no GPS) new diamond plate floors, 2 swivel seats, anchor, rod holders. Great Valdez boat.
    Will part for $5500. my email; gene.wilcox@alaska.gov
    Last edited by g.wilcox; 08-23-2012 at 12:01. Reason: motor type