Thread: Quick GMU Question and Deadhorse gas??

Default Quick GMU Question and Deadhorse gas??

I will purchase a caribou tag for GMU 26 on this Saturday.. Do I need to know just the GMU or do I need to also know if it is A, B or C??

I.E. Can I just purchase a license for GMU 26 or do I need to be more specific for GMU 26A, 26B or 26C??

Also, does the Deadhorse gas station have a credit card machine and 24-hour gas, or is there only specific times I can purchase gas??

Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jclymer View Post
    I will purchase a caribou tag for GMU 26 on this Saturday.. Do I need to know just the GMU or do I need to also know if it is A, B or C??

I.E. Can I just purchase a license for GMU 26 or do I need to be more specific for GMU 26A, 26B or 26C??

Also, does the Deadhorse gas station have a credit card machine and 24-hour gas, or is there only specific times I can purchase gas??

Thank you!!!!

Suppose you're nonresident? Either way I don't think you have to declare a GMU when you buy license/tags. HT is good for the whole state where those regulations exist.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Like SkinnyD said you need to buy a hunting license and ask for a set of caribou harvest tags. The tags are good for any unit that has an open general season caribou hunt, ie not a draw or registration hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Like SkinnyD said you need to buy a hunting license and ask for a set of caribou harvest tags. The tags are good for any unit that has an open general season caribou hunt, ie not a draw or registration hunt.
    Deadhorse it's not your typical gas station no prices no attendant u pull up insert credit card start pumping. You won't know the damage until you get credit card bill.

They have a pretty lighted sign at colvill that shows the price now. Last week it was over $5 bucks a gallon. Can't remember exactly the price.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    They have a pretty lighted sign at colvill that shows the price now. Last week it was over $5 bucks a gallon. Can't remember exactly the price.

Gimme 30 minutes and I'll give you the current price...

Cool I know last year there was nothing. Cold foot price are inside I think regular unleaded was 5.49 and diesel was 5.39 I wonder what current prices are.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Cool I know last year there was nothing. Cold foot price are inside I think regular unleaded was 5.49 and diesel was 5.39 I wonder what current prices are.

Sorry, I got a little busy, I'll check in a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by jclymer View Post

Thank you!!!!
    You don't need to declare the unit or subunit in which you intend to hunt when you pick up harvest tickets. But know the regulations specific to your sub-zone when you go. It's pretty liberal in 26 (the Arctic Slope). As for gas, I personally carry 22 gallons worth in jerry cans and just top up in Coldfoot on the way home if I need to. Are you planning to go to Deadhorse and then have a carrier fly you out somewhere?

Question for the others, in 26C where residents can hunt 10 caribou total, how do you get around that when you're only given five tickets? Not that I ever intend to shoot more than five.

How far is it from Coldfoot to Happy Valley? What is diesel going for in Coldfoot?

back to the OP? go left when you get in town, the "gas station" is like mentioned above - a shack with a credit card machine in it (been 2 yeas since I have been up there tho). Should be able to access it 24/7.

Sorry for the delay. Fuel in Deadhorse today is $5.35 for unleaded and $5.39 for diesel. Not sure about down the road and definitely not planning on driving down to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    Sorry for the delay. Fuel in Deadhorse today is $5.35 for unleaded and $5.39 for diesel. Not sure about down the road and definitely not planning on driving down to find out!
    Come on, I would join you if we could get to a cold beer before it closes!!! Kidding of course

Come on, I would join you if we could get to a cold beer before it closes!!! Kidding of course

I've already got my $4 in my pocket for Wednesday!!

I will be right behind you Friday!

I will be right behind you Friday!

Do you do 2's?

Yes I do. Wouldn't have it any other way...Exept 1 and threes. One on and three off!