Thread: Ruger Predator SBH

Question Ruger Predator SBH

Has anyone had their Ruger Super Black Hawk converted by Mag Na Port in the "Predator".

If so how do you like it?
    Alaska

Wink Predator

Jeff, have not had the conversion, but I own a SS super blackhawk 4 5/8ths. A real nice, handy gun, a real treat to carry. I'm not a fan of porting, and I kept the wood grips on it, but for comfort the rubber, Hoge?would be better for recoil. The only upgrade I've made was to install a heavy duty (Wolf) spring about three dollars, easy to install, for the cylinder locking pin, it was working itself loose during the heavy recoil with some loads, 300, and 320 grain hot hardcasts. I"ve owned many diffrent hanguns, I hunt with them all the time, and have found one that fits me this is it for me! I was suprized with the short barrel, short sight radius and have no problem shooting it at 100 yards, it"s open sighted, I'll hold the front sight a tad high from a solid rest and any medium game is in big trouble, "50 to 80 yards is my max range of choice". Now if Ruger would only make the same gun in 454! Bill.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

I'm also not a fan of porting, but, if you want a company that knows how to slick up Ruger revolver (single or doulbe action) Magnaport would definately get my vote. I've fired friends Rugers that have been customized by MNP, and they are top notch guns.

I had that conversion done and found that the gun is a great carry gun. I shoot Garrett hardcast loads in it and it shoots very well. I would do it again in a minute.