Thread: Geocaching in Alaska

Default Geocaching in Alaska

If you're not doing it, you're missing out on things like this...

http://redoubtreporter.wordpress.com...treasure-hunt/

Which happened at this event... http://coord.info/GC3EN6B

Geocaching is like the 2nd funnest thing you can do in the woods!

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

lol! I was thinking the third funnest, but that's me! Love geocaching, and Joat, have you found our cache? It's Alpine Creek Cache. There are some really cool ones along the Denali Highway, and you sure find some neat places to stop while your lookng for them... speaking of that.. someone put one out on the Clearwater bridge last fall, but I couldn't find it in the winter... I guess I need to go look for it. Our name on the Geocaching site is Alpine Creek Family.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

2nd, 3rd... it's all in the priorities you set on life.

The only caches I've done on the Denali Hwy are the first couple at the Paxson end. I picked those up when I was working over the Richardson highway. I've done the big Glenn-Delta-Tok triangle and have found every highway accessible cache along that route.

I'll certainly be leaving my signatures along the Denali next month when we're up there "sightseeing" for 'bou.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Me and my friend are actually doing our senior civics project on Geocaching. We are hiding geocaches on the Kenai peninsula trails. Please check us out and like our Facebook page "Conquering the Kenai" thank you very much.

http://m.facebook.com/#!/ConqueringT...00003897146591

Dove a geocache once. That was by far the funnest geocache I've done. It was a water bottle inverted and weighted in about 8 feet of water. Been thinking of doing some around here. I sent my gps 72 receiver in to have the keypad replaced because one of my kids chewed the button off, only to get it back, shove it into my car door pocket and do it all over again. I was too sheepish to send it back again, so I've been using it with a piece of metal shoved in the hole! If I can find the part...it's easy enough to do myself. Not worth sending in for service though.
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Love to cache myself. Look for my caches in Eagle River and one in Prudhoe Bay.
    I am JR2_Alaska.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson