Thread: Reminder to mail your PU permit to F&G now

Post Reminder to mail your PU permit to F&G now

The deadline is just 8 days away; they want it by August 15th.

Yeah, and don't be like me and forget to put on a stamp. It will come back to you. :-)

AK Chappy

You can also drop it off at your local State of Ak ADF&G office, and **obtain a receipt for it**.

That's been my chosen delivery method when ever possible for a number of years now, both with dip-net permits -and- game harvest tickets, after either the USPS or ADF&G lost one or more reports that I'd mailed to them, after which they then wanted to know why I "hadn't reported."

I dropped off both the Kenai and Chitina PU/dip-net permit reports in Fairbanks yesterday, during an errand run to town.

Default Re: Reminder to mail your PU permit to F&G now

The season is open until the Sep 30th for Chitina.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
    The season is open until the Sep 30th for Chitina.
    Correct. I think it even used to be October 15 in years gone by. The Upper Cook Inlet permits are due by August 15.

I'd simply finished dip-netting this year. I could do with a supplemental or two if they came back-to-back, but the initial 30 are already pretty much smoked and in the freezer, and another trip to Chitina for 10 (or even 20) reds just doesn't appeal to me right now.

A trip to see friends in the Yukon Territory (next week) for an annual informal reunion and some lake trout fishing, then readying for hunting moose, after which I'll be drawing my proverbial circle in tighter, and prepping for hunkering down for the winter.

Still have a couple gardens to harvest, taters to dig before heading to the bush for moose, etc.

After all that's finalized, with the veggies in jars, bellies, or bins, and all the meat and fish into the freezers, waiting on the last of the sausaging by then, it'll be time for the Annual Harvest Bon Fire and Feed, and tending to chores a bit closer to home.