Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is where your Kings are going!!!

Default Here is where your Kings are going!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post

Wow. That's outrageous. Hopefully we can figure out how to stop that.

Kinda hurts deep in the gut when you read that crap. Something has to be done to stop it. Prosecuting that crew won't help future stock unless the punishment out weighs the gain of doing it. Off with there heads!!!

im p s d off grumpy. My king season shut dwn way to early. Sink their boat

Not a big revelation, though it is a good catch. While the guides and local commercial fishermen sit around pointing fingers at each other and the dipnetters for a lack of kings, there were hundreds of pirate ships harvesting those kings out in international waters. So, this one ship at this one moment had some 40 tons of our fish in the hold. How often do you suppose each boat fills up and goes to market... times how many pirate fishermen are out there. And that is where our fish went. As many have been saying all along.

Forget the CG, let's but a couple battleships and squadron of recon aircraft out on patrol. Sink 'em all.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

What a bunch of crap...

You'd be surprised at how many foreign vessels are tracked off the coast of Alaska.

I think their #s are a little off.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Makes me sick! Hope they make an example out of them, loss of boat, hefty fines, lic. revoked (if any), jail. Just do something other then a slap on the wrist.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

While I've suspected AK Kings are being intercepted, I'd really like to know for sure that King Salmon were on board this vessel.

Turn that boat of theirs into a artificial reef right there on the spot......and if they cant get to their life boats/rafts fast enough, too **** bad

should make them pay the canada yukon fine,ak goveverment bail out for native village supplment king harvest on yukon,and fines to use for shuting dwn king season ex king stamp,guides,sport fisherman. i say we lost at least 5 generations of king returns.so on the annvs. that these kings should return we will have closers again.

plus u thnk that the chinas gov cares really,no they got 4 billion reasons not to.this problem is not going away. We need more patrols out at seas than our riverbanks

Undoubtedly, all 40 tons of fish were kings destined for Alaska's rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Not a big revelation, though it is a good catch. While the guides and local commercial fishermen sit around pointing fingers at each other and the dipnetters for a lack of kings, there were hundreds of pirate ships harvesting those kings out in international waters. So, this one ship at this one moment had some 40 tons of our fish in the hold. How often do you suppose each boat fills up and goes to market... times how many pirate fishermen are out there. And that is where our fish went. As many have been saying all along.

Forget the CG, let's but a couple battleships and squadron of recon aircraft out on patrol. Sink 'em all.
    *****100% Dead ON the MARK ********

Everyone here should send a email to there congressmen and senators and ask them what they are going to do about this problem.

Can someone make an e-mail link to make this easy for everyone?

Speculation is fun but We don't know what fish was on board, could have been herring and pollock for all we know though none too likely.

Nor we know the location the boat was intercepted to even begin guessing as to what schools of fish could have been migrating by.

Do we even know the route of chinook salmons during migration periods in the salt? Is that even tracked?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Let's see, the boat was intercepted by the US Coast Guard. That will tell you how close to Alaska it was.

It doesn't matter if all 40 tons in the hold were Alaskan salmon or if it was all pollock. Any kings they intercepted at sea would have been done months ago and has already been run through the Chinese markets. They don't wander around for months getting fish. They fill up the hold and head in to port. With 30 miles of net, I expect you can fill up a 40 ton hold in short order.

Biologists have been trying to track salmon for years. The exact routes or extent of those route is nearly impossible to pinpoint.

I don't see where it matters where they are or what fish are involved. When you have illegal pirate ships stealing the fish on our border, that must be dealt with quickly and harshly. Pirates should be hung, as they always have been. Easiest method to do that is with an anti-ship missile.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Let's see, the boat was intercepted by the US Coast Guard. That will tell you how close to Alaska it was.
    "Admiral Robert J. Papp, Jr. on Monday announced that the 378-foot Honolulu-based cutter Rush had been assigned to Alaska waters but was off the coast of Japan pursuing a vessel suspected of illegal high seas driftnet fishing."

I'm not going to get into the defending of poachers/pirates, but there is an awful lot of speculation going on in this thread. We have almost no information about both the fish being caught or the criminals.

I'm also of the bleeding-heart liberal opinion that poaching ≠ capital offense.

Check for migration information along the Alaska and North Pacific Gyre's. I can't remember off hand which of these two routes Alaska salmon travel. I saw where the panhandle and BC fish migrate along the Alaska Gyre but I couldn't find anything specific to south central [or other] Alaska fish. I do remember reading about this migration several year's back but now a quick search has been inundated with ***ushima information.

This is the second or third different time Ive heard of something like this. Maybe they should step the patrol up.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast