Thread: Headed to Kenai P and have some free time

Default Headed to Kenai P and have some free time

We're headed to KP on tomorrow in our roving rv and all the warmness three couped up teenagers could generate.... Anyways, I was wondering if there is any 'hot' or even 'warm' fishing action going on from Anchorage down towards Seward. We have some time to fish and wander around over the next few days, so any thoughts for us land bound fishermen??

Thumbs up

Haven't a clue about Seward, but there's lots of pinks in the Kenai . .

Towards the mouth or in the upper area?

Go to Hope and cast spoons and spinners into the Resurrection River. Lots of Pinks in there and some silvers too!
    Last edited by DannerAK; 08-07-2012 at 14:20. Reason: my spelling sux

Toward the mouth . . go down to Cunningham Park off Beaver Loop Road with a variety of #3 or #4 Vibrax, and wear yourselves out . . even the teenagers. And as noted on another thread, the pinks you'll catch down there in tidewater are excellent eating.

Have fun . .

Oh, and I think they're catching a few silvers in the surf off the Ninilchik beach on the tides . . big Pixies or #5 Vibrax should do the trick there.

We ate a few pinks out of Montana, some fresh looking...some humped. We thought all were pretty good, REALLY good actually, compared to the salmon we get down in Houston. If saltwater ones or fresher ones are better, this is going to be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Oh, and I think they're catching a few silvers in the surf off the Ninilchik beach on the tides . . big Pixies or #5 Vibrax should do the trick there.
    Dont want to de-rail this thread but is Ninilchik still only weekend fishing?
    If so, is it ok to fish the beaches close to the mouth?

Also, check out bird creek. No detours of any kind. Just park off the highway, walk 2 mins and you're fishing.
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Stopped at Hope for awhile. No doubt there are fish here, can see lots of them with no problem. Caught maybe 15 or so pinks. One guy said they caught and released almost a hundred yesterday.