Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet peeve

Default Pet peeve

This is one of my pet peeves, this guy just busted the muzzle loader grizzle record. The picture he put out for the world to see looks like the bear is passed out drunk on a boat. You would think if they go to all the trouble and expense they would at least want some decent pictures. There hundreds of really nice animals on the net with crappy pictures with tongues hanging out, blood all over them, or weeds in front of them.
    Chuck

I'm not sure what to say about that bear pic.....never seen one like it. The dang thing looks alive....and relaxed. Never thought I'd see a 26 inch brown bear whole, and loaded on the front of a boat.

It's a little tacky, but definitely have seen so much worse. With the lack of tongue and blood.....some might actually prefer it.

Looks like it's missing a beer in it's paw... I understand where going with this but this is a lot better than others I have seen. A little prep work and clean up make a picture look dramaticaly better. Nothing worse than a picture of an animal that looks like its been in a horror movie against a guy with a hockey mask.

Holly crap that's funny. Looks like my hunting partner the last time we went fishing together.

My wife can't stand that guy, everytime I watch one of his hunting shows, she makes me mute it.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    Never thought I'd see a 26 inch brown bear whole, and loaded on the front of a boat.
    My thoughts as well. How many people were present when the animal was shot? How far from the water did it die? Why would you even attempt to put an animal weighing well over 500 pounds in to a boat? The fur does not look wet, likely did not die in the water.
    The picture looks dumb alright...........and also suspicious.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Oh thats a funny ass pic, it definitaly looks wierd but is hilarious.

Did you read the verbiage that went with the picture? Every one involved is "legendary", a "celebrity", "highly regarded"...if you have to say it, you aren't.

I think someone is just jealous....
    I've certainly seen worse pics but come on it's not that bad
    Just my .02
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Oft times when I see photos like that and worse, I get the impression that it is a reflection of disrespect for the animal by the parties involved. I am not saying that is the case in this instance, for I do not know, but it is my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Did you read the verbiage that went with the picture? Every one involved is "legendary", a "celebrity", "highly regarded"...if you have to say it, you aren't.
    Not to mention the word "industry" and copious amounts of product placement...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    apparently i have repped you too recently to do so again.... but i will again...
    LMAO!!!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Tacky, at best. Not how I would showcase to the world a/my trophy.

A dry land photo with the animal in its harvested form would have been more in character. The guys website and Facebook seem more about pushing outdoor gear.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Oft times when I see photos like that and worse, I get the impression that it is a reflection of disrespect for the animal by the parties involved. I am not saying that is the case in this instance, for I do not know, but it is my impression.
    Exactly. That picture speaks volumes.

I dont know how they got the bear in the boat and I almost chuckle a little when I look at the silly pose they put him in. Looks like the bear should have a cool Bud in one hand and be scratching his balls with the other, or maybe wearing a beer helmet, but nonetheless it's not a very tasteful pose. I also suspect that the bruin was extensively cleaned up and Steve probably changed clothes, when was the last time some hunting show cowboy went out to the field without full head to toe Super Miracle Leafysuit FlaugeOscentkiller on.
    As far as the bear being in the boat, my good buddy shot a Kodiak bear a few years ago up a steep slope from the beach. Upon dropping the bear rolled alllllllll the way down and alighted on a big boulder at the water's edge, after the first round of pictures they simply nosed the boat up to the rock and the three of them rolled it into the bow. Purely luck of the draw and I think they used a pothauler to get it out back at the harbor, but it's all on video and having seen it, I know it "could" happen, not likely but possible.

Hilarious. Had a good laugh over this one. Never liked watching his show. Hopefully the record won't last long. Maybe buy a ML myself.

Default Dang that's funny!

That bear needs to stay off the white lightning!

Default self-retrieving big game

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Purely luck of the draw and I think they used a pothauler to get it out back at the harbor, but it's all on video and having seen it, I know it "could" happen, not likely but possible.
    Reminds me of a deer hunt where I watched a girl lean across the hood of her truck & take one shot up the hill. The deer tumbled down 50-75 yards, coming to a rest just one foot away from her truck.

Since I had been hunting the area for days and she just showed up, I felt a little put out, but I tried to hide it as I approached her truck. All I said was something along the lines of "You're sure lucky he didn't dent your new truck."

Hiline, I echo your pet peeve; that is mine too.

i know steve....but that guy they described in the write up, i don't know him!!

looks like a brown bear to me, i'd be curious to know how far from the coast he was for that bear. if i'm not mistaken there are no brown bears in BC, just grizz?... giving them a serious edge up in the grizzly scoring department, i've seen bigger bears than that 100 miles inland...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I find the taking of an animal to be a very serious thing. I take a moment to reflect on every animal I take and give the animal the respect it deserves. This is just juvenile and disrespectful. Maybe funny to some but not me.

Steve West and Phil Phillips together on the same hunt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast