Thread: Any Silvers !!

Default Any Silvers !!

I've been watching hoping to see some reports of silvers showing up , we will be fishing from the willow to the anchor in a couple weeks , I hope we aren't going to be to early for good silver fishing .
    chugbugs are for big bass -topwater!

If it is a good run, your timing should be just about perfect.

Just got a report of silvers on KP. Hope its a good run this fall. Also report of one steelie.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Fished the Kasilof both Saturday and Sunday. Caught fish, but not any Silvers which were our target species! Also didnt see anyone else catching silvers, heard that a few were getting picked up here and there though.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

I've been fishing down on ninilchik and deep creek. The last two days hooked into one today but lost it everybody around me managed to catch one and keep it. They are just starting to show up fairly small numbers right now but it will pick up soon

Thanks for the reports , sounds like there on the way , I was getting worried !

Better check the EO's - silvers are closing for the L. Su. Other big Su tributarys seem to be running low on silvers. Better bring plenty of trout beads & flesh flies.

Have they ever closed the L. Su. like this before, also it seems kind of early to make the call , couldn't they still be coming .This won't affect silvers on the willow and montana creek will it ?

Anybody been to 20 miles yet? Any fish? Seems to be one of the few places that hasn't closed or been restricted... Maybe kinda early for down there? "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by chugbug View Post
    Have they ever closed the L. Su. like this before, also it seems kind of early to make the call , couldn't they still be coming .This won't affect silvers on the willow and montana creek will it ?
    Last year, the little Su went no bait on 8/3 and shut down 8/27. The earlier closing this year would indicate either a very cautious approach or most likely they're really worried the fish aren't coming back in sufficient numbers. Escapement goals haven't been reached since 2008. Even a late run should have more than 515 fish past the weir.

The Willow and other strreams on the Parks are in another unit and would be handled separately from the L. Su. There aren't alot of silvers in them either, so we'll see how that goes. They haven't banned bait up there yet........