Thread: Decisions-Decisions

Unhappy Decisions-Decisions

Well, I have sold my 2004 Rubicon. Mainly just a chance to do a couple other things, but I am already thinking what to get. I have always been a Honda guy and had no problems with the Rubicon. However, riding with others on Yamaha's, I gotta say I am impressed with their Yamaha. If I could get a Rincon with a low range, I would. If I could get a Rubicon with IRS, I would. If I could get a new Grizzly with the power steering and not the belt drive, I would. I have spoke to Ron Paull through this website who owns a couple of the new CanAMs and he is very impressed with these models. I must say from what I have read and seen on these CanAMs, it has impressed me. Just seems like they are to new to spend that much coin! Not really asking for anyones suggestions on what to get, I know I would get a little bit of everything. If someone knows the future on what may be coming out next year, well, that would be very helpful!!

Not sure about what's coming out next year but the belt drive on the Griz is one solid tranny. Been around for abut 15 or 20 years. Much better and different design than the polaris. Wet clutch so the belt does not sit there and slip. I have 27inch mudtires on my 02 griz with a clutch kit and have really put it to the stress test. No probs. I re-routed the rear trany exahaust to under the front rack where the air intake is. I would have to totally dunk the machine to flood the belt. My buddie did the 686 bigbore to his with a cam, etc. He has run 28 and 29 inch Oulaws, heavy tires and has never had a problem either.

Just my .02 and a little 411 on the Yammy UltraMatic Tranny.

Default can ams

yeah the can-ams...good for fun...as far as hunting...serious lack of skid plating i hear and will squat like crazy with a load

I have had my sportsman for 8 yrs. now. I'm not selling polaris as I would'nt buy another one. As for the belt drive, I have NEVER blown a belt. I run 27" 589 tires, original clutching, and pull a 1500# trailer at the times when I have gotten a moose. Belt drive machines are very dependable in my opinion, as the technology has come a long way.

Default Can-AM

My neighbor sold both his 2000 Bombardier (sp?) 500's last summer and just took delivery of two '07 Can-Am 650's last week. They are awesome machines! They seem to be the best machine on the market, imho. I don't know about what they'll pull or whatever but I do know my neighbor has used them to caribou hunt (not any more though, as I know he makes >51k!) and hasn't had any problems.

I think they're heavy and too spendy for me, if I could afford one I'd buy one. I'm lookin' at the Arcitic Cat's and Yammis. Not a fan of the auto tranny but I haven't heard anything bad about the ultramatic trannys.

Tim

I love my '07 Can-Am Outlander 800. Talk about a mean machine. A true all-terrain vehicle.