Thread: 300 savage in wood grain

Default 300 savage in wood grain

i had to try it and see how how it looked. it came out awesome! well i think so anyway. thought id share a few pics. i have the scope to finish up still.

Very nicely done!

Very impressive; what happened to the magazine floor plate and trigger guard ?
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Very impressive; what happened to the magazine floor plate and trigger guard ?
    thanks, you mean why didnt i do them? i could have, just chose not to. i thought the stainless would set it off nicely. sometimes i think you can go too much then its just gawdy. just my opinion. the scope will be wood grain.

Quote Originally Posted by preed View Post
    thanks, you mean why didnt i do them? i could have, just chose not to. i thought the stainless would set it off nicely. sometimes i think you can go too much then its just gawdy. just my opinion. the scope will be wood grain.
    Heck looks good just thought you ran out of wood or something. The 300 Savage is one of my favorite Texas calibers. Glad to see it's making a comeback. You'll certinly be the only kid on the block with a Ruger like that.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Looks cool!! Bet you can't get that at Ikea!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

If someone would have told me that they were gonna do that to a nice gun I'da said don't do it! I am not a visionary obviously cuz that turned out way good.

What kind of paint did you use? I have camoed several guns and they have turned out pretty good but I cant find paint that will stand up to solvents that I clean my guns with.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    What kind of paint did you use?
    thanks, its Duracoat. pretty awesome stuff. what are you cleaning your guns with?

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    If someone would have told me that they were gonna do that to a nice gun I'da said don't do it! I am not a visionary obviously cuz that turned out way good.

What kind of paint did you use? I have camoed several guns and they have turned out pretty good but I cant find paint that will stand up to solvents that I clean my guns with.
    Duracoat will stand up to most anything after it is cured...say 30 days.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.