Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck to all here, headin' out to sheep country

Default Good Luck to all here, headin' out to sheep country

Just wanted to say Goodluck to all, safety, Godspeed and Heavy Packs!!!!

Good luck out there, Chuck. Have a safe, successful hunt and take some good photos of your big ram!

T minus 2 days for me!

Cheers,
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Just wanted to say Goodluck to all, safety, Godspeed and Heavy Packs!!!!
    Thanks Kaha, you to sir!!! Just hoping the heavy pack is only on the way out, not the way in.

Good luck everyone! I wanted to be headed out about now, but got too busy with work for a sheep hunt this year. Next year!
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

Three more days till we head out to Ram country. May a large high air pressure system sit over the state for the first few days of the season!

Driving north in two hours, flying out tomorrow morning to start the long trek into the mountains. My pack is already heavy, but hopefully soon it will be excruciatingly heavy with my wife's first ram.

Good luck, all!

I don't climb in the cub for another 14 days.... I'm hoping opening week weather for all the guys in my area this week is horrific! If the last few years, are any indication that could very well be true.

To the hunters in all the other ranges, good luck! I expect to see some pictures posted before it's my turn.

Yk

Thanks K and big dittos to all! May we be blessed with clear skies, cool breezes, shallow streams and big rams!! Headed out after work the 8th.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I sure have my fingers crossed for a quick kill and early return for a couple sheep nuts on here. I am still scrambling to scrape up some time for a late hail Mary and need them to have their tags punched but thirst for sheep hunting not quenched!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I sure have my fingers crossed for a quick kill and early return for a couple sheep nuts on here. I am still scrambling to scrape up some time for a late hail Mary and need them to have their tags punched but thirst for sheep hunting not quenched!
    For some reason I want a gatorade.

Good luck to all and I am expecting rain, but have my fingers crossed. I fly up on Thursday and we are heading out on Sat. Some guy named Jake is taking me and I can't hardly stand the excitement. I haven't been sleeping too well as this is my first sheep hunt and more than a little concerned about keeping up with him. You do know you residents are some of the luckiest guys I know, especially this time of the year.

Mark

Mark, I can't wait to hear how it goes. Been pestering Jake (I imagine the same one) with a bunch of emails this past month as I am just starting my journey north for my first 2014 Alaskan hunt via a second job and tight budget. Until then I'm looking forward to hearing how you and all the good people here do this season. best of luck to all and don't go easy on the pics...

Frank

Good luck to all as well. May you all come home with horns in your packs, and fresh ribs to eat over an open fire!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Man I miss hunting for the "golden fleece" at the top of the world......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    That's the way to have some faith!But I don't think I can ever have my thirst quenched for sheep hunting,it might take me till 60 then I'll get one of my nephews to pack me to the hills!!

First "fly in" sheep hunt comin' up in 16 days.

Ditto to what kahahawai said!!

Good luck out there.

Heads up to those headed to the Brooks!

Heavy snow spurs Dalton Highway travel advisory
    Fairbanks Daily News Miner
    Aug 07, 2012

FAIRBANKS - Heavy snow in the Brooks Range is causing difficult conditions for travelers on the Dalton Highway today.

The Alaska Department of Transportation issued a travel advisory for Atigun Pass at 243-245 Mile. Four to five inches of snow has fallen this morning and visibility is limited. Drivers are advised to use caution and keep their headlights on.

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Heavy snow spurs Dalton Highway travel advisory

Best of luck Gents!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    That's the way to have some faith!But I don't think I can ever have my thirst quenched for sheep hunting,it might take me till 60 then I'll get one of my nephews to pack me to the hills!!
    I am banking on you still having an overwhelming desire to get back out for a bou-sheep combo after getting back from the brooks!

With three sons I hopefully have my old age hunting packers all lined up and deep in training!

Wishing everyone a safe and successful hunt. I look forward to the sheep stories and pictures that will be posted in the next month or so more than any other threads. Can't wait.

T-minus 2 days and counting. Safe hunting to all who are chasing the big Ram. Weather looks like it will be cooperating the first 5 days but mountain weather can change quickly. Looking forward to sharing stories and photos after a successful hunt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast