Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caribou 20a

Default Caribou 20a

So, I have checked the archives and can't really find the answer to my question. I've heard that there is 2 main "roads" or trails, that you can take The ferry and the rex, and I heard one of them doesn't have any caribou, and hasn't for like 30 years. So, teach me, oh master. If I went up to nearly or there a bouts and parked the truck in the woods and hiked 10 miles off the roads would there be any caribou or moose, or is healy area a barren wasteland with nothing but sand and sage brush? Keep in mind a CAN NOT take a flight out. so, impart all your wisdom unto me, and I will do the best I can to comprehend it!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Those are your two options or you can walk in. There are caribou but they are not in large herds or even groups most of the time in the Western side where you are talking about. The key is getting up high like the sheep and glassing, they tend to like the mountains over there. Might as well bring a sheep tag just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Those are your two options or you can walk in. There are caribou but they are not in large herds or even groups most of the time in the Western side where you are talking about. The key is getting up high like the sheep and glassing, they tend to like the mountains over there. Might as well bring a sheep tag just in case.
    Oh defiantly I'l be bringing a tag for everything! these 16 hour days are whipping me into shape real well!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Default tough area

FFG, you left out one option: Pull your truck to the side of the Parks, and call them to you. Alternate between making male and female caribou sounds and have your rife ready!

OK.... just kidding....

But in truth, a few years back I looked into the figures that F&G post about hunters that drew this permit. I forget the exact numbers, but its something like 20-40 percent of those drawn do not actually go afield to even try to hunt the permit. That area is tough to access.

FFG,

PM me, if your schedule allows, between August 28th-August 31st we ought to be able to find ya a caribou or two to stalk.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    So, I have checked the archives and can't really find the answer to my question. I've heard that there is 2 main "roads" or trails, that you can take The ferry and the rex, and I heard one of them doesn't have any caribou, and hasn't for like 30 years. So, teach me, oh master. If I went up to nearly or there a bouts and parked the truck in the woods and hiked 10 miles off the roads would there be any caribou or moose, or is healy area a barren wasteland with nothing but sand and sage brush? Keep in mind a CAN NOT take a flight out. so, impart all your wisdom unto me, and I will do the best I can to comprehend it!
    no and no...

16 -20 miles at least... on one of those trails... as i already said, gimme a call tomorrow night. and well talk about it.. theres a few here that have bou on my advice over it.. Luke is another great asset. for walk in...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    no and no...

16 -20 miles at least... on one of those trails... as i already said, gimme a call tomorrow night. and well talk about it.. theres a few here that have bou on my advice over it.. Luke is another great asset. for walk in...
    Hey I won't be able to call you tomorrow, as my boss called tonight to ask if I could "work late" and so far any time he has asked that it means I'll get off at midnight at the soonest, so If I could give ya a call wednesday night after 6 or so that would be good

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Hey I won't be able to call you tomorrow, as my boss called tonight to ask if I could "work late" and so far any time he has asked that it means I'll get off at midnight at the soonest, so If I could give ya a call wednesday night after 6 or so that would be good
    works!...........
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Man as much as you work and overtime you put in you should have a pocket full of cash? What you doing with all your money there young fella blowing it on women and soda pop?

works!...........
    Vince I would call you but I lost your phone number when my phone got wet and well I lost all contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    vince i would call you but i lost your phone number when my phone got wet and well i lost all contacts.
    whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meet on face book here

Man as much as you work and overtime you put in you should have a pocket full of cash? What you doing with all your money there young fella blowing it on women and soda pop?
    paying bills bro, I aint no city kid who lives off his parents and plays video games all day. jeeez and save for winter, cause I dont work full time in the winter....

definatly not women, and I dont care much for soda, haha. I used to only make 10 an hour straight time, which doesnt really add up to much, but I got promoted to foreman of a constrction crew, and for a few weeks I have been helping with hay in pt mac 3 days a week, so between working 6 or 7 days a week at anywhere from 12 an hour with over time (farming) and 15/hour straight time(construction) I am getting a bit saved, this winter I might be taking over a dairy farm for a fella moving out of town. gotta plan ahead for the future. I hear wives are expencive these days

I hear wives are expencive these days
    Ever met a rich polygamist? I bet not.

definatly not women, and I dont care much for soda, haha. I used to only make 10 an hour straight time, which doesnt really add up to much, but I got promoted to foreman of a constrction crew, and for a few weeks I have been helping with hay in pt mac 3 days a week, so between working 6 or 7 days a week at anywhere from 12 an hour with over time (farming) and 15/hour straight time(construction) I am getting a bit saved, this winter I might be taking over a dairy farm for a fella moving out of town. gotta plan ahead for the future. I hear wives are expencive these days
    The wives are not the spendy part it is the kids!

whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Count yourself one of the lucky ones Vince, he still has mine....

paying bills bro, I aint no city kid who lives off his parents and plays video games all day. jeeez and save for winter, cause I dont work full time in the winter....
    Lol you are like 16 yrs old what you have for bills? We had this kid back in Iraq he was a chaplain assistant every time you talked to him he would say how his sister, brother, parents called (yes you could call someone in iraq) and needed money to get braces, phone bill etc. I always wondered if they paid him back and how they treated him after he had no cash flow he got out of the Army. He did have some good looking sisters that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Count yourself one of the lucky ones Vince, he still has mine....
    **** Vince this clown calls me all the time. Me zero times

Lol you are like 16 yrs old what you have for bills? We had this kid back in Iraq he was a chaplain assistant every time you talked to him he would say how his sister, brother, parents called (yes you could call someone in iraq) and needed money to get braces, phone bill etc. I always wondered if they paid him back and how they treated him after he had no cash flow he got out of the Army. He did have some good looking sisters that for sure.
    car (although I own my truck outright), insurance, gas, clothes, most medical, and food a little and crap like that earn my room by cutting the firewood and feeding the animals and such.... and I don't HAVE to pay for all that, (like food and medical) but I've done it for long enough I would be embarrassed and ashamed of my self if I didn't.....smell what I'm steppin in?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Ever met a rich polygamist? I bet not.
    Wed dont see many polygamist's on the farm, unless its a pig or a bull, but those don't early count...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast