Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on my Seaark Predator to be built........please help!

Default Waiting on my Seaark Predator to be built........please help!

Just ordered a brand new 200fx cc predator and can't wait to get it. I will be bowfishing out of it so that means adding an elevated deck etc. I am trying to gather up all of the materials now so I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me out with some dimensions. Also any other tips/tricks/pros/cons/warnings/advice/etc would be greatly appreciated. What do I have to look forward to? What will I be dissapointed with? Anybody run a through-hull transducer? I have owned several boats in the past and they have never showed depth at speed like my brother's bass boats have always did a good job of. I am looking at putting in a hummingbird 788ci hd di and thought about epoxying the transducer inside the hull. If anybody has had any trial and error on placement, etc that would help a lot. Thanks in advance and I look forward for some info if anybody could help me out. I have a drawing of the dimensions I need but can't attach it?

A better bottom... And tell them to get the upgraded quiter exhaust Chambers...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I'll take a picture of my transducer and mount. I
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Do you have a predator? I was wondering about the hull strength. You guys run rocky rivers though, right? I will be running in lakes mostly and the occassional stumpy river. I don't see myself running this boat anywhere that I didn't run my old propped outboard if I have the wheelpower to keep from it although it would be cool to run across a real shallow mud flat. I used to have a 2072 tracker grizzly and I tore it up just running across big waves on the open water........front end dented in and welds started breaking everywhere. rivets all came out of the floor too. Will I have to baby this boat to keep it from tearing up?

maybe I am wrong, but don't think they have a transducer yet that will shoot though the aluminum bottom. where are you located, that is important in considering what kind of use you will be giving it. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    maybe I am wrong, but don't think they have a transducer yet that will shoot though the aluminum bottom. where are you located, that is important in considering what kind of use you will be giving it. Bud
    There are a lot of people that run the transducer shooting though the bottom! My hull is .250 and I have no trouble seeing the bottom at speed. I just epoxied a broken transom mount 'ducer to the bottom in front of the motor.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by aewrigh View Post
    Just ordered a brand new 200fx cc predator and can't wait to get it. I will be bowfishing out of it so that means adding an elevated deck etc. I am trying to gather up all of the materials now so I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me out with some dimensions. Also any other tips/tricks/pros/cons/warnings/advice/etc would be greatly appreciated. What do I have to look forward to? What will I be dissapointed with? Anybody run a through-hull transducer? I have owned several boats in the past and they have never showed depth at speed like my brother's bass boats have always did a good job of. I am looking at putting in a hummingbird 788ci hd di and thought about epoxying the transducer inside the hull. If anybody has had any trial and error on placement, etc that would help a lot. Thanks in advance and I look forward for some info if anybody could help me out. I have a drawing of the dimensions I need but can't attach it?
    My only suggestion is to go with something/anything other than humminbird. It's a long story...pm me if you want.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344295461.195496.jpg
    It mounted an 1/2 inch above the bottom boat is 4 year old never broke it off or done any damage to transducer. Which I could say that about the boat.

If your running the lakes and stumps here and there. The hull is very strong. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I recently purchased a Predator AK 22. Its my first jet boat. 1st day i had it hit a solid vein of rock (thought it was a log) almost through us out of the boat. I just knew the boat was sunk, kept turning the bilge on expecting to see water. Made it back down to the ramp, took the boat out and although it was dented infront of the tunnel and on either side there were no holes and the dents werent as bad as i expected. Then this past saturday me and 5 friends went back up the river no problem but coming back down im not sure exactly what happned but for some reason i didnt get turned in a curve and the boat hit bow firs straight into the solid quarry rock bank, through 1 out of the boat and piled every one else on top of each other, the boat was totally out of the water on the sharp rocky bank. After we got our wits about us we had to get out and get the boat back in the water. Except for a basketball size dent in the port bow and a nice dent in the back and several nice scratches thats all the damage it substained. These boats are tuff beyond belief. I will post pics later. Took the boat to the lake and ran it and so far the only effect I can tell that the dents have had is I lost about 2mph at cruising speed... I live in NC and so far I havent found anybody to do repairs. Called Chris at SeaArk and hopefully they can fix it this winter. Im sure it will have more dents by the time it gets to Arkansas, hopefully I will be an experienced jet boater by the time they get it fixed and the new bottom will last longer that 1st one.

Ditto AKmike30 i have the same set up for the transducer. 6years and never broke the bracket or failed in any way
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

I had the same kind of transducer mounted the same way on my custom boat......I am always finding myself up small creeks that you basically have to have both the bow and stern touching the bank to get the boat turned around. I still manged to break my transducer off, even with the float pods keeping me from backing the transom into the bank. I want to go through hull but I just want to make sure I can still read the bottom at top speed.

That seems like a pretty good testimonial to me. I hope I won't ever hit any rocks like that. Is your boat a center console? I does it have the 40 gallon gas tank in the front making the front deck longer? I need someone with a 20 foot predator center cosole to give me some measurements. I at least need some front measurements that maybe you could help me out with?

Quote Originally Posted by thrifty0003 View Post
    I recently purchased a Predator AK 22. Its my first jet boat. 1st day i had it hit a solid vein of rock (thought it was a log) almost through us out of the boat. I just knew the boat was sunk, kept turning the bilge on expecting to see water. Made it back down to the ramp, took the boat out and although it was dented infront of the tunnel and on either side there were no holes and the dents werent as bad as i expected. Then this past saturday me and 5 friends went back up the river no problem but coming back down im not sure exactly what happned but for some reason i didnt get turned in a curve and the boat hit bow firs straight into the solid quarry rock bank, through 1 out of the boat and piled every one else on top of each other, the boat was totally out of the water on the sharp rocky bank. After we got our wits about us we had to get out and get the boat back in the water. Except for a basketball size dent in the port bow and a nice dent in the back and several nice scratches thats all the damage it substained. These boats are tuff beyond belief. I will post pics later. Took the boat to the lake and ran it and so far the only effect I can tell that the dents have had is I lost about 2mph at cruising speed... I live in NC and so far I havent found anybody to do repairs. Called Chris at SeaArk and hopefully they can fix it this winter. Im sure it will have more dents by the time it gets to Arkansas, hopefully I will be an experienced jet boater by the time they get it fixed and the new bottom will last longer that 1st one.

Did you just use standard 2 part epoxy? How far in front of the motor did you put it? I just want to read bottom well and not deal with water turbulance screwing up the signal. Wonder if it will affect the down imaging shooting through the aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    There are a lot of people that run the transducer shooting though the bottom! My hull is .250 and I have no trouble seeing the bottom at speed. I just epoxied a broken transom mount 'ducer to the bottom in front of the motor.

I have had 2 or 3 hummingbirds and 1 lowrance. My last lowrance was the smallest color sonar/gps combo @ $400. I just like the interface of the hummingbird units a little better. I am guessing you had a very bad run-in with poor customer service?

Do any of you guys run your jet boats in areas with sand? The lake I fish has several areas wih sand, a ton of mud flats, very little vegetation, and quite a few very stumpy areas. I can avoid the stumpy areas and for the most part I can avoid the sand.....the question I have is how careful do I need to be. How shallow is too shallow to idle over a sandy bottom? How shallow is too shallow to run across sand at speed? Will I have any issues running in flooded creeks/rivers with lots of debris? This will be my first jet and I am trying to learn as much as I can before I get it to prevent as much trouble as possible. How fast will your 22 foot predator run thrifty? More importantly though, how stable is it up front and about how much water do you think it drafts with 2-4 guys?

I used A.C.E. Adhesive from vexilar.com. vexilar is a good site to get info from to get you started.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

It sounds like you will want to install a sand trap if it does not have one on it.It will keep most of the sand such out of your cooler. Yes you will have issues with trash in the jet unit. What type of jet unit do you have?

What kind of measurement do you need. I can take them for you.
    Yes I ran in lots of sand and up here we run 95% of time in glacier silt..

If you have a heater you need a sand trap if you don't have a heater you don't need one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast