Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Whittier or PWS Silvers showing up

Default Any Whittier or PWS Silvers showing up

Fished last week at a few of my regular spots in the sound and only managed 1 silver for a day of fishing. Hows everyone else doing. Where they at,I hope there just late.

Saw jumpers outside of Surprise Cove and also a ways up towards Bettles Bay.

Havent gone out past Pigot. 3 times last week. 1 silver. lots of pinks even at 100'

Got a couple trolling the south end of Knight on Sat. Hooked into "something" huge at the top of Latouche that moved us around, but we could never lift it off the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Saw jumpers outside of Surprise Cove and also a ways up towards Bettles Bay.
    I've been out in those two areas the past few weekends. Pretty certain the jumpers are pinks since we've caught a few of them. Haven't been hearing about many people getting silvers that far North yet but it should be soon.

1 silver today at Pigot. 30' with a threaded herring. couple pinks.

1 small silver again last night. few pinks. nice and glassy on the water though.

Thanks for the tips BK. We are thinking about heading down south this weekend, but our duck shack is also in need of some repairs before the 1st. I'll let you guys know what we decided on.

Any late week updates?

Super skunked this weekend. Caught pinks out towards Crafton and Knight. No Coho, and not a single fish at Pigot. Tried Pigot twice at two different high water slack. Nothing, I really tried a lot of different gear and depths. Help!! Is it over? Did it never start?

Got a nice king out by Pigot, but no silvers. Lots of herring in the water though, probably pulled in 50 of them with the kids.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

This is a really depressing thread to read, I will be back in town by next weekend (I hope) and was hoping to fill the freezer with silvers...
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

No Silvers in our freezer...hit Seward [regular spots where we absolutely killed them last year] not one fish boated. We don't target Silvers in PWS but did take a few when we saw them on sonar near Falls Bay entrance just below Main Bay. Been "debaiting" on whether to take the troll gear next trip in two weeks. Might just focus on bottom fish ~ if they're still around.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    This is a really depressing thread to read, I will be back in town by next weekend (I hope) and was hoping to fill the freezer with silvers...

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    I would say if you want to get some silvers at this point, head to Seward. Much better chance there at this point that PWS.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    No Silvers in our freezer...hit Seward [regular spots where we absolutely killed them last year] not one fish boated. We don't target Silvers in PWS but did take a few when we saw them on sonar near Falls Bay entrance just below Main Bay. Been "debaiting" on whether to take the troll gear next trip in two weeks. Might just focus on bottom fish ~ if they're still around.
    Spent yesterday in the Sound. Incredible day, broken clouds and flat calm water. Trolled for a while northern end of knight. Several pinks but no silvers. We nailed a bunch of black rock fish, 4 yellow eye and 4 nice halibut ~ 70, 50, 40 and 15. Not one single Cod either, which is a real change from the last trip.

Lots of fish around, just not Silvers.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

It was a great weekend in the sound to get skunked. True that!!

Trolled and mooched N.Crafton and also between Falls-Main Bays for most of the day on Sat, nada. Trolled Pigot for 1 hour on Sun, nada. Gave up on silvers and got yelloweye limits.

Awesome weather and whales everywhere made up for the lack of catching.

Didn't try for silvers but dropped my shrimp pots for the first time. Only had about 2 1/2 hours to let them soak. Got about 70. I know it's not much but for my first time I was pretty happy.
    We had talked about heading to Pigot to try trolling but after reading this, i'm glad we didn't.
    We had an 8 year old on board who was more than happy to be pulling up the 8"-12" rockfish we caught while the pots were soaking.
    Next time we are going to try for some Halibut. Not too exctited about heading all the way out to Knight Island in my 18' Weldcraft but it sounds like that's where people are catching them.

There are more whales in the sound than silvers. At least they put on a good show while getting skunked on silvera. The big question is where are they, will they be late, did all the reds eat them since they seem to be extra big this year, blame it on the Japan tsunami, or maybe global warming??? Hopefully they will make a showing.

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I would say if you want to get some silvers at this point, head to Seward. Much better chance there at this point that PWS.
    But I need to finish up loading up the shrimp shelf in the freezer as well. Guess I will have to head to Montague to look for a ling cod and maybe find some Silvers out that way.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast