Thread: Topos?

Default Topos?

Where can I get topo maps in Fairbanks and in Mat-su?

Thanks

Go to sportsmans and get a topo map for you computer. I think I have the national geographic program and it is great. It has a map of the entire state, if I need a map, I pick the area, zoom in as much as I want, and print it off. If this isn't an option right at the moment for you, you can use it in the future
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Go to sportsmans and get a topo map for you computer. I think I have the national geographic program and it is great. It has a map of the entire state, if I need a map, I pick the area, zoom in as much as I want, and print it off. If this isn't an option right at the moment for you, you can use it in the future
    My son is currently up north, without a computer and is looking for the hard copy topos.

Thanks

Can't make it to Anchorage? The USGS map store on the APU campus is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Can't make it to Anchorage? The USGS map store on the APU campus is awesome.

Thanks Brian, my son is in a camp outside of Healy and he can get to FB in a couple of hours. His buddy lives in Matsu and is going to join him in two weeks to go chase sheep. I'll let my son know about APU and their store and maybe his buddy can come in and pick one up there.

king

Chimo guns, behind the Carr's store in Wasilla has topo's (I think). Not nearly the stock as the APU store, but might be worth a check.
    Gotta be someplace in FBX. Try PM'ing Bartlett.

Is there a qinkos or some really good printing service there in town? if so bring a zip drive of a print off http://mapper.acme.com/ , i love the clearity of the topos on this website. just my two cents.

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Chimo guns, behind the Carr's store in Wasilla has topo's (I think). Not nearly the stock as the APU store, but might be worth a check.
    Gotta be someplace in FBX. Try PM'ing Bartlett.
    Thanks Gary, good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post
    Is there a qinkos or some really good printing service there in town? if so bring a zip drive of a print off http://mapper.acme.com/ , i love the clearity of the topos on this website. just my two cents.

Joe.
    That two cents might be worth a buck fifty.

thanks

I am fairly certain there is a map place in Fairbanks in the Federal building, man its been years though so I could be wrong or it could have moved. Have you tried getting in touch with Larry? He would no for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I am fairly certain there is a map place in Fairbanks in the Federal building, man its been years though so I could be wrong or it could have moved. Have you tried getting in touch with Larry? He would no for sure.
    Rob:

My sons' partner will try Chimos and maybe APU, but I'll tell him about the fed building.

thanks
    king

Quote Originally Posted by jojomoose View Post

Joe.
    There is waterproof paper you can but to print them on as well. http://www.waterproofpaper.com/