Thread: Juneau boaters w/ Furuno FF??

Default Juneau boaters w/ Furuno FF??

Hey everyone,

First post on here but this place has been a great resource while I was boat shopping. I recently purchased a 22' seasport and am really excited about the boat. Everything is working great with one exception. I have a Furuno gp7000f with an airmar p66 transducer and I am having issues with it.

I would love to find another Juneau owner with this set up or just the p66 hooked to a furuno who might be ok with me plugging my unit into it to see if it is a transducer problem or FF problem. Or for that matter anyone with the gp7000f and any transducer that is working.

Finally, does anyone have any idea how to test the transducer? I reset everything today and have made sure all connections are good, etc and still not picking up any depth. temp seems to be working fine.

Thanks!

Have you tried looking on the Furuno owners forums on the Furuno web site ?? Also give Gil a call he's the ducer guru !!
    MARINE ELECTRONICS
    Furuno-Garmin-Simrad Systems & Airmar Transdcuers
    Sales and information: Gil @ 1(800) 925-0341
    Semperfifishing@ymail.com

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I had the Furuno 7000f on my last boat and loved it. Sorry though, I can't help you trouble shoot from Seward but if you find out the ducer is bad, that unit will take a 1 kW ducer so you might think of upgrading rather than just replacing the P66 (600 w) unit you have. There are a few posts here or in the fishing forum from folks who installed the transom mount 1 kW unit so might search for their posts.

Oh, yeah, make sure it's set to the 600 w setting rather than 1 kW. Might be your problem.

I run the same set up on my Pacific 23.
    Make sure the unit is in AUTO mode .
    Make sure all connections are good.
    Make sure the P66 is mounted correctly.
    Make sure there is a Card in the unit.
    Make sure the Boat is in the water.

Turn it on and rock and roll. Double check the the ducer is angled right and in the right position.

Check out www.furuno.com