Thread: Ship Creek Advice for disabled Dad

Default Ship Creek Advice for disabled Dad

My dad has been up visiting and I want to get him hooked into a silver or 2. I have read the advice on here and I have no problem fishing as I usually fish the low tide with yarn. But my dad is nearly 100% disabled and his knees are about to let go so that type of fishing is out for him. I was wondering about getting him to one of the handicapped fishing platforms and maybe soaking some eggs. He likes catfishing in Virginia and that is similar. Should we be down there a couple hours before high tide or does it matter much when we go as long as we're soaking eggs?? Also, how in the heck do you tie that egg loop knot? I haven't a clue about how to do that. Thanks for any and all info shared!

Try Googling animated knots.com

I would go a hour or so before the incoming tide and stay until the tide starts getting low again. Once the tide starts getting back too low and fast it, it will make it much more difficult to continue fishing with eggs. Also, you can buy some mooching hooks that already have egg loop knots attached pretty inexpensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Whelenator View Post
    Also, how in the heck do you tie that egg loop knot? I haven't a clue about how to do that.
    diagram attached. Personally I prefer tie-ing my own. that way I get the hook I want.
    eggloop.jpg

You tube has a bunch of videos showing the process of tying egg loops.