Thread: The Best Sheep Picture Ever!!!

Default The Best Sheep Picture Ever!!!

My wife just sent me the best sheep picture I've ever seen in my entire life. Those of you that follow the Meat and Trophy Care Forum may know that my wife and my sheep were both reported stolen from the taxidermy shop they were in about six months ago. The taxi that had them skipped town, and one of his shops was burglarized. The most current intel I had was that they were in the burglarized shop when it was broken into, and they weren't there when I went looking for them. We jumped through hoops for months working with the troopers and posting reward offers. I searched online forums and sale boards over and over trying to find them, but to no avail. I already had a taxi in Montana lined up to try and make repro horns from the pictures just to try and have something to hang on the wall. Long story short, they turned up, my wife got a call, and she picked them up today...and she didn't even have to pay the reward. To the gentleman that handed them over, you just scored some major karma points...and no he didn't steal them in the first place. You couldn't beat the smile off my face with a baseball bat. My son wasn't even born yet the last time I saw those sheep.

To the many other people that are in the exact same boat trying to get their stuff back from this taxi just keep thinking positive. There may be a happy ending in this for you too.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's awesome dude, glad you got those back....if mine ever go missing I'll hire you to track them down.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

When I read "my wife and my sheep were both reported stolen", my first thought was holy cow...somebody stole his wife?

So how did this good samaritan get ahold of them?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    When I read "my wife and my sheep were both reported stolen", my first thought was holy cow...somebody stole his wife?
    I probably should have proof read that one. Maybe, "my wife and I's sheep" would have read better.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    So how did this good samaritan get ahold of them?
    Long story, that I don't even know all the details of. He's been more than helpful though.

Jeff it is great to hear there is a happy ending to your previous thread, I hope everyone else that had belongings stolen from that shop get theirs back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Shannon View Post
    Long story, that I don't even know all the details of. He's been more than helpful though.
    Well the end result is the only one that counts in your case.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Jeff that is awesome indeed.....goes to show you there are some really good people out ther still...I am very happy for you sir..

Wow, that sure is fortunate ! Good to hear you have them back.

Man, that just made my day. My wife and I leave on our sheep trip in three days, and to see this work out for you after such heartache just puts a smile on both of our faces. Good stuff!

On a side note, did you get the capes back as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Man, that just made my day. My wife and I leave on our sheep trip in three days, and to see this work out for you after such heartache just puts a smile on both of our faces. Good stuff!

On a side note, did you get the capes back as well?
    I'm glad that made your day, Brian. It made my month. Good luck on your sheep hunt.

We don't have the capes, but I do know where they are. It's a complicated legal mess, but we're working on getting those returned as well.

Jeff,

That is awesome man!!! Glad you guys got those back. Congrats on a great outcome to this story!!

Fantastic news!!!!

Congrats on your diligence paying off..............or is it your luck? I certainly hope you find some time and a way to post the story of the loss and return............while sticking to forum rules of course. I'd say that story would be every bit as interesting as the tale of the hunt.
    Are you sure the one on the right is full curl????????????? hahahahaha!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Congrats on a successful recovery. My wife's and my bears were "lost" for two years by a taxidermist and we persevered to get them back. Many others did not. Count your blessings.

After dropping off the cape to my local taxi, he had me take the horns home until he was ready to work on the returned tanned cape.
    He just didn't want to take a chance on having them "in house" for a long time.

Jeff, persistence paid off! I know a few taxidermists in Great Falls that would defintely do you right on the quality and even better on the price if you want to go that route. I still have your ram pic with your Dad on my phone that Josh sent me. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to go to Kodiak this year but hopefully you can get out this fall for some other critters.
    Take care,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mtsutton View Post
    Jeff, persistence paid off! I know a few taxidermists in Great Falls that would defintely do you right on the quality and even better on the price if you want to go that route. I still have your ram pic with your Dad on my phone that Josh sent me. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to go to Kodiak this year but hopefully you can get out this fall for some other critters.
    Take care,

Matt
    I'm still going to Kodiak, Matt. That trip is booked and going to happen. Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'm going to use the taxi in Billings that mounted my Dad's ram. He did a great job and got it done in less time than our rams were reported stolen. Good luck on your sheep and goat hunts with Josh. I'm excited to hear how you guys do.

Jeff