Thread: Hunting for a gun!

Default Hunting for a gun!

Ready for this.... Left handed, semi auto, 20 GA duck killer for my wife. Tri star makes one but havent heard much about the name,anyone have any ideas?

Surely there are some right handed women out there who love to duck hunt. Same may have their own shotgun.

Any reason why she can't shoot a right handed shotgun. You could reverse the push button type safety. Or how about an Ithaca pump. Pumps are ambidextrous, especially Ithaca with its bottom ejection and reversable cross bolt.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by DEMainah View Post
    Ready for this.... Left handed, semi auto, 20 GA duck killer for my wife. Tri star makes one but havent heard much about the name,anyone have any ideas?
    I have a Tri-Star 12 Ga that I use to waste shotgun shells when my friends coax me into shooting at those little clay things that zip through the air faster than any winged creature that God gave us to shoot and eat. My son broke 24 out of 25 with it so I'm guessing the gun is fine! I bought mine for $300 brand new. I picked it up off the shelf and it was light so I threw it to my shoulder and it fit me like a glove so I bought it. But like I eluded to...it don't shoot for shucks!

My only concern with the tri-star is the life of the gun, and how will it perform in the blind. Thanks for the info tho, for $300 i might just buy it and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I have a Tri-Star 12 Ga that I use to waste shotgun shells when my friends coax me into shooting at those little clay things that zip through the air faster than any winged creature that God gave us to shoot and eat. My son broke 24 out of 25 with it so I'm guessing the gun is fine! I bought mine for $300 brand new. I picked it up off the shelf and it was light so I threw it to my shoulder and it fit me like a glove so I bought it. But like I eluded to...it don't shoot for shucks!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    I have a Tri-Star 12 Ga that I use to waste shotgun shells when my friends coax me into shooting at those little clay things that zip through the air faster than any winged creature that God gave us to shoot and eat.
    I take it that maybe you've never shot at a dove? Faster than any clay bird I've ever seen......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Nice, you forgot to included that are overly wealthy and model for fun haha. I bought her a right handed semi, and she likes the semi auto funtion but not the shells flying across her face and powder in the eyes. She has a red label that she shoots clays with and does well with but I'd like to get her something for the blind with the third shot. We shoot in the lower 48 a few times a year, lots of birds so the third shot isnt a hail mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Surely there are some right handed women out there who love to duck hunt. Same may have their own shotgun.

Any reason why she can't shoot a right handed shotgun. You could reverse the push button type safety. Or how about an Ithaca pump. Pumps are ambidextrous, especially Ithaca with its bottom ejection and reversable cross bolt.

Consider an Over/Under!
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

She has a red label that she shoots clays with and does well with but I'd like to get her something for the blind with the third shot. We shoot in the lower 48 a few times a year, lots of birds so the third shot isnt a hail mary.
    Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post

Consider an Over/Under!

The browning BPS has bottom ejection and a tang safety. Truly ambidextrous, and has some good weight to it. Here's the BPS micro:
    http://www.browning.com/products/cat...2&tid=225&bg=x

Not being a semi, I don't know if that'd interest your wife though.

She will be back from maine in a few days, I will see what she wants to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    The browning BPS has bottom ejection and a tang safety. Truly ambidextrous, and has some good weight to it. Here's the BPS micro:
    http://www.browning.com/products/cat...2&tid=225&bg=x

Not being a semi, I don't know if that'd interest your wife though.

Default Hunting for a gun!

We ended up with a browning bps in 20 ga, I'll have Vince at precision arms trim it to fit and we will be good to go. The season is right around the corner, excited to see the new gun and new gun dog work this season!