Thread: Late season Kasilof dipnetting and rod/reel fishing at Bings or Centennial

Default Late season Kasilof dipnetting and rod/reel fishing at Bings or Centennial

Hello everyone,

Old timer in Alaska but have been out of the fishing hobby for a long time due to work and school. I was wondering if anyone can tell me about dipnetting the Kasilof this last week it is open (wasn't able to get very many at the Kenai because of work interfering with the surges). I'm not sure if it is worth it because I prefer to target reds and not pinks.

Also looking for tips on rod/reel fishing at Centennial and Bing's to try to get more reds in the freezer to last the winter. I know Centennial has campsites to pitch a tent but not sure about Bings. Fishing reports and/or tips on techniques, gear, etc. would be appreciated as the last time was at Centennial I was too young to fish and I never been to or fished Bing's. I have the basics - hip boots, rod, net, and flies. Also any info on any bear activity around Bings would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any insight. And if you don't see this post in time for this season, the info will be apprecated for next summer.

I seem to remember late season Kasilof dipping being a mix of blushed reds, pinks, and silvers. I think the closing is timed to minimalize silver netting, but have seen folks get quite a few.

Bing's has campsites also, $10 a night. Should be able to get a few that are still coming upstream..I've never seen a bear around there..but probably others have.

Thanks for the information guys - I really appreciate it.