Thread: Homer Fishing Lagoon Question

Default Homer Fishing Lagoon Question

Anyone fished the lagoon before? I am thinking about taking my kids down tomorrow and letting then fish it. Toss up between that or going to the valley for chums. any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by outrider View Post
    Anyone fished the lagoon before? I am thinking about taking my kids down tomorrow and letting them fish it. Toss up between that or going to the valley for chums. any advise?
    I would go to the valley. Your kids will have a blast catching chums and pinks frequently and may also catch a silver as well.. Use size three or four vibraxes or pixies. Fish creek has a youth only fishery this weekend and it sounds like it has a decent amount of reds and silvers in it, I would pick up some roe and bobbers if you go there. The fishing hole can be productive if the silvers are in but it's a long drive and the valley should be plenty of fun during this time of the year.

Default Try fishcreek

Quote Originally Posted by outrider View Post
    Anyone fished the lagoon before? I am thinking about taking my kids down tomorrow and letting then fish it. Toss up between that or going to the valley for chums. any advise?
    They are having a kids only fishery on Fishcreek this weekend, maybe try there for some reds or silvers. Just take KGB and you will run into it..or over it