Thread: Argo

Question Argo

Has anybody ever used one for snow plowing? Does it have the pushing power and traction to do the job with ease? I know you would probally need tracks for it wouldn't you. Thanks for your time.

Of all the argos I own not the first one has a plow , I thought about it but I do not like the way they are attached to the argo and argos are hard enough to turn with tracks add a plow and it would seem to be that much more harder to turn , You could find a used atv with a plow for the price of an argo plow. Just my .02
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I have to agree with Roger. I have seen an Argo "Conquest" (8x8) with the super track rigged with a plow. The plow blade is positioned streight ahead and can only push streight ahead. There is no way to angle the plow. I must say the Argo did plow a driveway about two hundred yards long BUT it took quite a lot of work and time. I am a big fan of Argos but I wouldn't even consider putting a blade plow on my Conquest. Now IF they had a snowblower with independent engine......

Mark

If you have an Argo, you're likely to have a truck and trailer to get it to trailheads, etc.

A truck mounted plow is 7' to 8.5' wide. It will push many times the snow an Argo would push. In a warm cab. With stereo music.

I never even considered a plow for my Argo.