Thread: Sheep outfitter who has Fannin in area?

Default Sheep outfitter who has Fannin in area?

Just was wondering if there were any outfitters in Alaska that have fannin coloring in their sheep populations? I have seen a few pics of sheep that have come out of alaska with fannin coloring just wondering if there is an outfitter that has predominatly fannin coloring in the Rams they hunt. I have a pure white dall but want to get a Fannin. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
    Just was wondering if there were any outfitters in Alaska that have fannin coloring in their sheep populations? I have seen a few pics of sheep that have come out of alaska with fannin coloring just wondering if there is an outfitter that has predominatly fannin coloring in the Rams they hunt. I have a pure white dall but want to get a Fannin. Thanks in advance!
    I'm pretty sure you're going to have to find one that hunts very close to the Canadian border, but I could be wrong about that.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The only area I know if that consistently produces fannin sheep is pretty much locked up on Doyon land. Not sure if any outfitters operate in there... Doubt it.

Cheers,
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

thay are around like Wyo said but dont know any outfitters that target or harvest them consistently...also depends on what you consider fannin..... good info in this thread I linked on page two and three from Wayne Heimer

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=fannin

If your lookin for the "true" Fannin as in stone/dall I believe you should be looking in northern BC..some really good outfitters there who target fannins