Thread: NRS PIKE IK Darn Cool stuff

Default NRS PIKE IK Darn Cool stuff

I know there are a lot of products out there and that every major manufacture has an IK out there which is cool. Spent the better part of 6 days with friends testing the NRS Pike IK on the Gulkana to include a couple of runs through the Canyon. It is a very reasonable value and to date through thick and think it is holding up grand and can handle severl different water conditions. Will post the video later to share. Nope not the Su and Devils Canyon however still good stuff.

Tight lines everyone if you have a chance to try one good times.

I have the removable two options on both IK's. Have not had an issue with them yet however Lakes only so far concerning that option with the Pike. Neat little toys that so far to date have held up to their end of the price line. Just waiting on the Vid from my bud we shot I don't know why it did not transfer to the stick when we changed up chips.

The only thing I would say which could use improvement is the draining while splashing around in bigger water.

Thumbs up

Agreed... the self-bailing versions could use bigger or more oval shaped holes. The non-bailer version (faster/drier/lighter - better w/ motor) gets very heavy if a paddler was to swamp it, and a significant weight gain would occur before levels would get over the floor. Having a bilge is a good idea on the non-bailing versions. I also find it easier to use a shop vac for cleaning up grit/sand/mud/grass/leaves/etc. over just hosing off with water

Field trial number 12 for the year. Three gents who had never been in and IK one previously Kayak'd in a hard shell. Upper Gulkana each did very well and in fact if not the Pike some form of IK will be purchased by all however they livein CO so I am sure they will be able to look at local options :-). Could not get them to run the Canyon however the rest was GTG. So to date the Pike has run the Gulkana length to length 8 times total 3 boats with load and with just a fisher person and some personal gear and at every turn it has exceeded my expectations. Great Job on the Pike IK from NRS. Funny thing it was designed according to them for a combo and more for Lakes to the best of my knowlodge however it seems to be just at home on a Class II / III river.

Heading off to N.D for a couple of weeks "Darn Work"! I will post the video soon promise.