Thread: Jim creek

Default Jim creek

Hit it today. Lots of people. Few silvers are moving through. I got one and a red on a vibrax. Only one in a group of 3 though. Only gonna get better hopefully.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Thanks for the report. I have been there two times already with nothing in sight. I will be heading there again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    Thanks for the report. I have been there two times already with nothing in sight. I will be heading there again soon.
    What a ****show. Maybe I'll go with you.

Thanks for th report c6.
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

3 silvers and 1 red landed on eggs in 2 hours. I know what the limit is. Did not keep them all

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    What a ****show. Maybe I'll go with you.

Thanks for th report c6.
    Yes...just watch out for those dips in the channels. You don't want to sink your truck now do you?

was there last thursday night got hit in the legs with a few fish, seen a couple caught.

some ********* in a 4x4 ford was driving in the water behind people fishing, and flashing his lights, almost ran over peoples fish they had tied up on shore too. no mufflers, revving it up like a real dink.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    was there last thursday night got hit in the legs with a few fish, seen a couple caught.

some ********* in a 4x4 ford was driving in the water behind people fishing, and flashing his lights, almost ran over peoples fish they had tied up on shore too. no mufflers, revving it up like a real dink.
    Probably some drunk *******. I can't stand people that are so inconsiderate.
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Hit it today. Lots of people. Few silvers are moving through. I got one and a red on a vibrax. Only one in a group of 3 though. Only gonna get better hopefully.
    Thanks for the report. Maybe by some miracle I'll manage to swing out there tomorrow or Friday morning.

No problem guys. Hit it again this AM for just a little bit. Caught another decent buck on a pink vibrax. Eggs were doing nothing this morning. Did see a guy on the end catching quite a few on what looked like eggs but he was the only one. Overall saw about half dozen or so silver landed in about hour and a half fishing. Still a lot of people who find it necessary to stand in the water. The fish swim between 5 and 30 feet from the waters edge. Oh well some people never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post

perfect example of why I wont fish there any more.

I haven't been there in years.

Went again this morning. Limited with 2 reds and a nice 9 lb silver all on a pink vibrax. Eggs still arent producing much. Ive seen a lot of people fishing them and they just arent doing much. Maybe because its early. Its kind of crowded down there right now though. Get there early to avoid the mad house.

I was there yesterday morning and there was nada.... some people catching a few on vibrax but pretty slow action. I'll see if I can get out there once or twice more before the season is done for sure.

What time of the day is best at Jim Creek for silvers?

As early as possible. When I'm silver fishing, no matter where, I try to be on the water before first light.

I usually hit Jim creek right after work and get there at 6 pm ish and have always done well. When the fish are in I haven't found a particular better time to be there.

Hit Jim one last time before the EO. I wouldnt have gone usually but I had friends wanting to go. I was the only one who hooked up again. Only took one home but had several others on the hook.

Fished Eklutna the other day and was the only one in my group to catch as well. Looks like Im done with silvers in the valley pretty much. If it keeps raining EO's I might not have a season at all next year.