Thread: Russian/Kenai Sockeyes

Default Russian/Kenai Sockeyes

I'm curious what the longest and heaviest sockeye you've seen caught on the Russian and Kenai this year? Is a 30"er considered a giant and how much would a 30"er weigh?

We caught dozens in the 10-12 lb range on the lower this year. Probably had a few that qualified for trophy certs but with the amount of fish we caught who wants to weigh em all.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Talk to a guy that said he had one weigh #14.5. Did see it for myself but with all the big fish I landed, it is possible.

Hi,

we had several 13-14# hogs, especially in the first 200k push in the Kenai. On that day a boy landed a giant, we did not weigh it, but I presume that fish would have cracked the 15# barrier.

BR
    Alex

My heaviest from my recent trip up there was a 12.1 lb via a handheld scale. That was the only one I weighed but it was the biggest. I had one other hog on that I didn't get in that would have been bigger.

Yep, didnt have a chance to weigh any of mine - but I am sure there were a couple above 12 pounds or more. Monsters this year...

I would be curious what the length is on the heaviest sockeyes? I'm trying to find sockeye blanks for taxidermy and the max size seems to be around 30". Thanks!

I measured a few of my bigger ones this year and they were around 26-29 inches