Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Commercial boat tried to swamp another private boat

Default Commercial boat tried to swamp another private boat

I heard rumors of a commercial guide trying to swamp a private boat over a disagreement in cook inlet. Guide apparently got arrested . Does any body have any details?

I'm thinking there's more to the story. These guys probably had some bad blood between them prior to this incident.

Hey, I've got an idea: let's try something new on the forum!

Let's speculate, guess, and dream up stupid things to say that we have no idea about!

Sounds like a "Wicked Tuna" episode. Revenge of the Googens.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

i bet this had something to do with Isenhour sleeping with Button's wife

Sad state of affairs.

No matter what the reason is, Button if found guilty should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and his Coast Guard license taken from him. Unacceptable behavior by anyone on the water and especially someone thats responsible for others well being.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

I had a commercial drifter come out of his way on his way back to the ninilchik river and do something like that.. I was on anchor fishing halibut and it was a bit later in the day I could see drifters heading back in, they were done for the day and I made sure while they were fishing I stayed out of their fishing area so I didn't interfere with their fishing. I noticed one boat heading right at us but thought nothing of it because he was still a mile or so out. We'll he just kept coming right at me I got on the radio and tried to get a hold of him but no answer. When he went by he was less than a foot off my bow I thought for sure he was going to hit us and yelled for everyone to hang on so we didn't get thrown in the water if he did hit.
    Finally got a hold of the coast guard and reported the incident the boat name and the numbers on the side I had six people willing to write a statement of what had just happened but was told by the coast guard that unless it was on video they could do nothing. So after a call to the troopers I was told that it was out of their jurisdiction and they could do nothing.
    This happened several years ago and to this day I still would like to run into that boat out there again and some day I might, and as long as I don't video it.. it never happened.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Had this happen on July 7th outside of Main Bay in PWS. Four of us in our 22-foot C-Dory on anchor and the bowpicker 'Albatross' came straight at us from inside the bay, ran right behind us sending a large series of waves over the transom. Some of those commercial guys think they own the whole freakin' ocean! I thought of calling the CG on him, as he made a very dangerous situation for us aboard our boat. Would rather see him on the dock where he couldn't hide in his crappy little brown boat.

Most people have phones and cameras on us now...do take their picture! Also my 12 gauge is in the side locker........

My experience was with a kenai river guide. Had just anchored up for silvers just up from eagle rock with my wife and three young kids. A guide on step ran right up to my stern before shutting it down. I yell at him asking what the hell he was doing and he yelled back that I was in his fishing spot. As I pulled my XD 45 ACP I let him know that further aggression from him would result in some nice quarter size dents in his pretty willy predator he backed off.
    Often a few charter or guide boat operators get rather cocky around clients perhaps showing off. But many of us have been running these waters since before they were weened and I for one am of the opinion that if someone's gonna get hurt, it won't just be me or my family.
    It's sad that these few might hurt the way descent charter operators might be viewed as I know the majority are awesome people.

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I had a commercial drifter come out of his way on his way back to the ninilchik river and do something like that.. I was on anchor fishing halibut and it was a bit later in the day I could see drifters heading back in, they were done for the day and I made sure while they were fishing I stayed out of their fishing area so I didn't interfere with their fishing. I noticed one boat heading right at us but thought nothing of it because he was still a mile or so out. We'll he just kept coming right at me I got on the radio and tried to get a hold of him but no answer. When he went by he was less than a foot off my bow I thought for sure he was going to hit us and yelled for everyone to hang on so we didn't get thrown in the water if he did hit.
    Finally got a hold of the coast guard and reported the incident the boat name and the numbers on the side I had six people willing to write a statement of what had just happened but was told by the coast guard that unless it was on video they could do nothing. So after a call to the troopers I was told that it was out of their jurisdiction and they could do nothing.
    This happened several years ago and to this day I still would like to run into that boat out there again and some day I might, and as long as I don't video it.. it never happened.

you got his numbers go the the comm fish website and look up his information.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post

If that ever happened to me, the boat would be easy to identify by the bullet holes.

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    you got his numbers go the the comm fish website and look up his information.
    http://www.cfec.state.ak.us/plook/

You mean this one Steve?
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaFishTerminator View Post
    I'm thinking there's more to the story. These guys probably had some bad blood between them prior to this incident.

Bad Blood or not you don't try to sink the persons boat. This guy sounds like a nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskanmutt View Post
    http://www.cfec.state.ak.us/plook/

You mean this one Steve?
    I think all of that is publicly available, i used to get a lot of letters and calls from people wanting to know if i wanted to sell my boat and or permit.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post
    Bad Blood or not you don't try to sink the persons boat.
    You get an aggressive young prosecutor looking to make a name, it might even be charged as assault or even attempted murder. Easy to see that line of thinking when you realize it could easily cost someone their life.

What a bunch of googans
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

a couple of years ago a big charter boat ran by a private boat around flat island and swamped it and kept going. The people were picked up and the boat drifted a couple of days until somebody pulled it into Seldovia. Jack on the rainbow out of Homer almost swamped my 21' PennYan inside the marker in Seldovia Bay and I went in and talked to him. His responce was I don't slow down for small boats: I guess this isn't anything uncommon to meet retards at sea operating boats, your really on your own out there and no one is going to help you . As said above my family comes first, What ever it takes to keep them safe. easiest is to stop or move if you can, after that what ever it takes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast