Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Deshka

  1. #1
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Deshka

    Went to the Deshka today fished for about 2.5 hours four of us ended up getting 5 silvers and 2 pinks.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

  2. #2
    Member AKnook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    580

    Default

    nice....sounds like they are in?

  3. #3
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Not according to the weir. Maybe they are holding in the lower river. I was considering giving it a shot this weekend but I may go to the Kenai instead and try to hit the lower river for silvers and the middle for some reds.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  4. #4
    Member kenaibow fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    they might be waiting for the rain! They don't like skinny water. By the way is it still 6 to midnight out there? I can't remember if it changes once the kings close.

  5. #5
    Member skybust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    alaska
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Six to midnight is only for kings there was a good number of fish at the mouth
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    anchorage
    Posts
    143

    Default

    went today in afternoon for 5 hours, 5 silvers and 2 pinks great weather....

  7. #7
    New member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm gonna try this weekend cause I stinks I smell them fellars

  8. #8
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Went out yesterday. There are a lot of fish milling around but getting them to bite is a trick. We got a few nice coho early on but once the sun was up it died down. We found a spot where they were holding and we could sight cast to them but they would just tap the lure real quick and dart off. Hooked several but just couldnt keep em on it.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  9. #9

    Default

    the CindyLou will be out this weekend trying to trick a few into the boat...
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

  10. #10
    Member alaska_pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    big lake
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Went to the Deshka today fished for about 2.5 hours four of us ended up getting 5 silvers and 2 pinks.
    im fixing my boat up,.. ive been fishing the little su from the bank and limiting on silvers and now they closed it down i think their weir may be screwed up

  11. #11
    Member akgiauque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alaska_pike View Post
    im fixing my boat up,.. ive been fishing the little su from the bank and limiting on silvers and now they closed it down i think their weir may be screwed up
    Not at all, they moved the weir down river and Silvers do not seem to like going through it. This was done from pressure put forward on ADF&G after the closure last year. We knew that they would not move through it on the lower river, this was the reason for moving the weir last time. The silvers are holding in the lower river in small numbers 1/10th to 1/20th the normal amount. You can still catch them due to lower water concentrating fish in pockets and a relatively low number of fisherman on the river. This is one of the worst or is the worst silver years I can recall in over 20 years of fishing that river. It needed to be done and is the right thing. Aim your complaints towards the ocean by catch and waste that takes place there.

  12. #12
    Member alaska_pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    big lake
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akgiauque View Post
    Not at all, they moved the weir down river and Silvers do not seem to like going through it. This was done from pressure put forward on ADF&G after the closure last year. We knew that they would not move through it on the lower river, this was the reason for moving the weir last time. The silvers are holding in the lower river in small numbers 1/10th to 1/20th the normal amount. You can still catch them due to lower water concentrating fish in pockets and a relatively low number of fisherman on the river. This is one of the worst or is the worst silver years I can recall in over 20 years of fishing that river. It needed to be done and is the right thing. Aim your complaints towards the ocean by catch and waste that takes place there.
    ...well put

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •