Thread: Bait Restriction E.O. for the Little Su??

Default Bait Restriction E.O. for the Little Su??

It has not happened yet, but I expect to see an emergency order by the end of the week for the Little Susitna River, delaying the use of bait. As of now we can use bait starting next Monday 6 Aug, but based on the rumors I have heard at the boat launch and camp ground, most of us are expecting an E.O. like last year.

I have fished there (from the shore) 4 times in the last week, and things are just now picking up for silvers. I caught 3 today, and the daily totals have been getting better. The chums are great fun if you can find them. I managed to catch one of each species except for sockeye today. Would have given a critical part of my anatomy for a red today!

I hope I am wrong here, but it would be good to check the E.O.s before fishing bait there next Monday.
    Fishin is the Mission!

I would expect no bait at a minimum and a reduction in the limit is possible followed shortly by a closure.

All the guides will tell you there are fewer silvers this year and last year stunk.

how about shut her down...stick a fork in her.... even a non guide can tell you that she's dead
    Last edited by sheep man; 07-30-2012 at 21:01. Reason: did like it
    I ♥ Big Sheep

I've heard the Drift net fishery is hitting it hard and heavey on our side? Anyone else hear this? We have lots of Pinks, chum, and some slivers showing up at Alexander but lots of net marks!

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    how about shut her down...stick a fork in her.... even a non guide can tell you that she's dead
    Yep, I'm doing my part and skipping it for a few years.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com