Thread: .45 Colt, 21 grains H110 and 280 gr. bullet...?

Default .45 Colt, 21 grains H110 and 280 gr. bullet...?

Couldn't find a tables to go by, so did a little research with loading's that are close...read Pearce and Linebaugh..hopein for 18 to 20 thousand psi and 1050 fps or there abouts, cases didn't show any signs of pressure, recoil wasn't real stout....shooting them in a Montado and they are very accurate..any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.....any volume/pressure issues....? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0726.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	61784

What kind of 280 grain bullet? Regardless, light/reduced loads with H-110 is asking for trouble. I'd choose a different powder.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I agree with taiga-- if all you want is 1050 (and that is a very good load) then go with Longshot,
    Accurate #7 or HS-6.

Any of these would be a lot more economical as well as safer.

Beartooth Bullet hard lead wide face gc

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriver View Post
    Beartooth Bullet hard lead wide face gc
    I would definitely choose a different powder given the limitations of this gun and the load you're wanting. H-110 is not suited for lighter loads with low case fill densities. There's a reason you weren't able to find any H-110 load data for the pressure range you require. In downloading H-110 to these levels you risk turning your Montado into a hand grenade.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I currently use 2400 with 280-gr bullets, but I load them a little hotter than 1050fps
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

2400, Bullseye, or Unique for light to mid loads then LilGun for full power here. Never down-load H110/W296, the warning is right on the can.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thank you all for the good advise.....