Thread: bad day in Homer

Default bad day in Homer

Just got home 2 1/2 hours ago from Homer, the wind was 25 Kts 90 deg. to the Rwy in Homer. There was a Decathalon sitting on its belly on the gravel taxiway w/ the gear laying next to it. No one hurt just a ground loop, thank god. Had to stay out from the bays as the wind was coming out of them , then into Seldovia, thinking the worse and found the wind 7 kts and a smooth ride in. Usually the oppsite here, but sometimes you get the bear .

Yes we sure have had some weird wind and storm combinations this summer. More like the direction of the winter storms... It has really cut ino my business. But then again when it is calm and sunny,,,,,, NOBODY calls to do a BFR, flight-see or float training..... They all wait until the weather is crappy and then they complain....
    Was it a decathlon or a Scout????
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Jeesh, you're lucky. I tried to fly out on the 1st, but following the coast below the clouds, I only made it to Kasilof before the clouds were at 200 feet. I turned around when I was below the elevation of the houses on the beach and got a ride. My airplane is still stuck down there, I have someone trying to get it today.

It has been rather damp lately.....
    Last night I was out doing some float flying with Tom from K-Bay air in my Cub. It was raining so hard during the pre-flight that we were both soaked to the bone before we ever turned the prop. Today I don't feel so swell...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Unfortunatly with the economy most peoples jobs dont afford them the luxury to just take off when the weather is nice. The nice weather has to coincide with their weekends otherwise its just not doable.

It was a decathalon my friends they are fixing it now