Thread: Whale Pass POW info ?

Default Whale Pass POW info ?

I'll be at Whale Pass next weekend and was wondering if anyone had any recent news ? Looking for silvers, curious if they're early or late this year. Thanks.

Well as I am sure you're aware it is a hatchery run there so early or late isn't an issue they usually show up like clockwork. Summer strain of coho, we have been catching them since June 1 or so with it hot starting in July. Anyway there are thousands of them, turning a bit and kind of soft but my guys have been hammering them when they go up. Snag fishery at the mouth, spinners are the ticket if you have a boat. We cleaned over a hundred last week.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Thanks Gooch. You've been helpful to a lot of people on here. I need to come see you next week and talk about a steelhead/trout trip in the spring.

No worries man, we went up that way butt fishing today and stopped in at the North Entrance to try to scare up a king. Caught cohos and pinks in the hour we trolled fish were a rollin in. Stop by anytime, we're usually around. Good luck and have a blast
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island