Thread: anyone ever use firestarter paste???

Question anyone ever use firestarter paste???

I was in outdoors and more in Wasilla this weekend and in the camping section they had firestarter paste. it comes in a tube similar to toothpaste. has anyone used it?? how did it work?

It works excellent. It has kind of a strong solvent smell but burns hot in any weather and gets your fire going--one note though, its tough to squeeze out when its really cold. Warm it up inside your coat a bit first.

Wink

Yep, I"ve used it.It works well as a pre heat paste in cold weather with some stoves. It can also be used to start fires,put some in a 35 mm film can if you backpack, that way you won't have to carry the whole tube.
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

I use 90% isopropanol alcohol in a small squeeze bottle available from REI. That way I can use the alcohol to clean with, or start a fire or a stove and itís much cheaper.

It burns. So does vaseline on cotton balls.

An unnecessary item in my view.

I've only used it to float a hot air balloon made from a garbage bag over Ft. Wainwright.
    Now what ?

I use the little fire cubes from my Esbit stove. They are cheap, lightweight, easy to pack, you don't have to worry about them leaking, and easy to use. You also don't always have to use a full one if you are using it to start a wood fire. They smell a little fishy before lighting but not afterwards and they burn cleanly.

Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?