Thread: Boat accident on the Kenai

Default Boat accident on the Kenai

Did anybody see a boat run into another boat dipping on the Kenai today just up from the launch?it was a green jet boat with a soft top that said renegade and it hit my buddy's alumaweld. Send me a pm if you as it please

Not to detract, and admittedly not directly pertinent to your post, but there were/are LOTS of persons dipping from boats and elsewise who could learn some manners where personal boundaries, space, and general safety issues are concerned.

The week (or slightly less) before we dipped the Kenai, my friend and two others were gently broad-sided in what could've been a much more serious accident, involving a group of persons I'll abstain from further identifying, who powered up and peeled off the 'line' without checking the proverbial side-view or rear-view mirrors, more gently barreling directly into the side of a smaller aluminum skiff with a seiner skiff.

My friend stated that as they came along side after the initial impact, he could smell the beer and tobacco smoke on their breath (it was that close, as well as incriminating), and they failed to give so much as eye-contact, an apology, an "Ooops!" or even an "Up yours!"

Alaska continues to grow, but we maintain activities that were popular back when we had fewer than half the population we now have.

In those circumstances, it's nearly inevitable that there will be close calls, or worse. Minimizing those occasions should be as much a part of our objective as packing the fish in. And standing up as an adult and owning our failures wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Hope your situation works out well for you.

No matter how crowded Alaska, or any other place, gets people should live by four little words, "Don't be a dick".
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

It was a bad deal I was actually hit on the shoulder as the boat hit us from the side where I was sitting. We took a video and my buddy called the cops but I doubt they'll do much. There are too many idiots out there today.

If they're ID'ed, that's basically a hit and run. The appropriate law enforcement agency, I would think, will take it seriously.