Thread: photos of week on upper kenai..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default photos of week on upper kenai..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=f8654ea7b2

the link is to my face book album... and i admit.. the first day i had the camera.. and it was dead... pouring down rain, and ret25yo... lost a sage 9wt and reel... him climbing out onto the 2 inch tree to try and save it was er... LOL?!!!

second day i forgot camera in charger....

so this is mostly 3d day...and 4thd ay...

days 5 and 6.. man i was rowing to beat the band... and looking for fish. hence camera was on the phone... and they need to be added to this album..

all in all

Family had a great time, my Vanessa 11 second trip, still showed them boys how to fish (when she felt like it) the rest of the fam... first timers.. my two oldest are off doing other things and did not join us.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

oh then there was the night moxely... ret25yo... fell in russian river.. ankle deep mind you!

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Let me know should any pic now be veiwable.. i will need to change the settings on it...

meet on face book here

That little one in the pink coat is cute as can be, thats one happy little gal.

Great photos Vince! Thanks for sharing man. I am going to try to get down there the first week of August. Those were some nice dollies you guys (and gals) caught. What flies were working the best for you for the dollies?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Great photos Vince! Thanks for sharing man. I am going to try to get down there the first week of August. Those were some nice dollies you guys (and gals) caught. What flies were working the best for you for the dollies?
    lol they bit on every color coho flie we had.. the rainbows too.. the missus caught and released a 20+ bow that hit her green fly... got kind of a pain sometimes.. i would target a red and have a lil dolly smack the fly and make me miss...

meet on face book here

That's funny. It's a good problem to have though.

That last pic looks like Dots to me.
    Any silvers Vince.

Thats a good time there! Was in Ak several weeks ago but the 2nd run had not arrived. Plan on trying to make a trip back next summer the last part of July hoping to catch the run. While there the first week of July this year we stopped along the Russian, where were you guys on the River??

Quote Originally Posted by jfish View Post
    Thats a good time there! Was in Ak several weeks ago but the 2nd run had not arrived. Plan on trying to make a trip back next summer the last part of July hoping to catch the run. While there the first week of July this year we stopped along the Russian, where were you guys on the River??
    we just floated the upper, sportmans to Jims... and the last day, we did it and the lower Skilak trip as well

meet on face book here

That last pic looks like Dots to me.
    Any silvers Vince.
    yup we hauled out at DOTS rather then Bings the last day... some crack pot told me it was 3.5 hours skilak to dots... he forgot... i was fullyloaded with 6 people, i wont mention any names... but his initials run like TWB... aint that right dan?

oh.. no silvers

meet on face book here

Yeah, it's a looooooog run with no power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    yup we hauled out at DOTS rather then Bings the last day... some crack pot told me it was 3.5 hours skilak to dots... he forgot... i was fullyloaded with 6 people, i wont mention any names... but his initials run like TWB... aint that right dan?

oh.. no silvers
    Man yer math sucks!! It's 3.5 to Bings if you ain't s sissy!! You had 6 other paddlers.

Next time eat your Wheaties and pack less beer! No sense passing Dots, it's all holed up with private property.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Last time I saw ret25 was when his wife fell in the klutina we did save there thermacell.

Sure wish I had a 15ft Otter like that. :-) Glad you had a wonderful time and was my pleasure as well as Sarah's to hang with the flower girl. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    Sure wish I had a 15ft Otter like that. :-) Glad you had a wonderful time and was my pleasure as well as Sarah's to hang with the flower girl. :-)
    thanks a bunch Moose...

they all had a great time, and i think the missus is hooked

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Man yer math sucks!! It's 3.5 to Bings if you ain't s sissy!! You had 6 other paddlers.

Next time eat your Wheaties and pack less beer! No sense passing Dots, it's all holed up with private property.
    man i was nearly 6 hours and rowed upstream the entire way at least i felt it with the down stream wind.

meet on face book here