Thread: She Kicks Like a Mule...!!!

Default She Kicks Like a Mule...!!!

Put aside your girly-man .458 Win Mag or your wimpy .50 cal and watch guys shoot a real gun, the largest center fire rifle ever made, the .950 JDJ by SSK Industries. Only three were ever made. This was the lightest, the carbine version, weighing in at 50 lbs. It shoots a .95 caliber 2,400 grain bullet at 2,100 fps using 240 grains of powder, which generates 25,400 f/lbs of muzzle energy and 277 f/lbs of recoil energy. About the same as shooting 10 30-06s at the same time! Each round costs $40.

http://www.staged.com/video?v=q0eb

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

finally a round capable of killing a brownbear...

or a mountain goat
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

yaeh kind of reminds me of this old one of the t-rex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrImp-ek3bI

Default big guns are fun

Each of these bullets should come with a coupon for a chiropractor visit. Those shooters looked like crash test dummies the way they got thrown back so quickly.

Of course they don't show what the bullet can do, damage wise, because there are all sorts of problems with that, beginning with expecting the shooter to hit the target. In the video it looked like a little bb gun scope had been attached with metal pipe tape; they must go thru scopes pretty quickly. And the shrapnel issue; that's a large round travelling very quickly. There aren't many safe targets for a gun like that, that can be hit by the common person. Great targets are actually expensive and heavy. And they really need to be a long ways away which begs the safety factor unless you've got a really unique shooting place.

And if a person persists with wanting to keep a memento, believe me, the gnarled-up old engine block with a big bullet hole through it is not going to impress the little lady at home, to use as a (really cool looking) door stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    finally a round capable of killing a brownbear...
    Someone would still argue that it wouldnt be enough.

Default here is the sidearm for that rifle.

Pfeifer Zeliska .600 Nitro Express

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=pmOpdZZ1F2U

The .600 Nitro Express Zeliska revolver is an Austrian single-action revolver produced by Pfeifer firearms. It is the largest handgun in the world, weighing in at 6.001 kilograms (13.230 lb) and having a length of 55 centimetres (22 in). The cylinder section alone weighs 2.041 kilograms (4.500 lb). The Zeliska is also the most powerful handgun in the world, producing a muzzle energy of over 6 kilojoules (4,400 ftlbf). The weight of the gun helps control the recoil, making controlled shooting possible. The capacity of a Zeliska is five .600 Nitro Express or .458 Win Mag rounds. The Zeliska fires a .600 Nitro Express slug at 462 metres per second (1,660 km/h; 1,030 mph). The cost of a Zeliska revolver is over $16,000. Each .600 Nitro Express round costs $40, making this gun very expensive to fire.
    Loading is accomplished through a loading gate located on the right of the cylinder, similar to the Colt Single Action Army.

Added features to the gun include gold-plated hammer, cylinder pivot, action, and the gold-filled inscription on the gun indicating the company's address.

The gun is not in full production and was built as a one off model for a Swiss guy..Mr Zeliska but if you fancy one contact Pfeifer.

The Pfeifer- Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Magnum is 8 times more powerful than a Smith and Wesson.44 magnum and 3 times more powerful than the Smith and Wesson .50 Magnum. As handguns go, this is the absolute ultimate.

BUT....the video shows a similar handgun.The Thomson Contender 'Encore' .600 Nitro Express Magnum is a single shot target pistol, its very light and dangerously uncontrollable when fired. It weighs only 6lb and as you can see the recoil is almost impossible to control.

YouTube - 600 nitro express pistol

YouTube - 600 nitro express
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Wheels? Crew served? I like JD's lesser rounds...as for brown bear...it's still all about WHERE you put the bullet!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

To paraphrase, loosely, "If you can't kill it with a .950 JDJ you might already be dead".

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    or a mountain goat
    DON'T SAY THAT...!!!.....seeing that I plan on taking my wimpy little 270 up after them this fall.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

A 270???? How do you expect to get them when they are hiding behind the rocks? Just pick up one of these and be really ready for those goats!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.