Thread: A cold starting Nissan out board

Default A cold starting Nissan out board

is there an anawer ? a fix to starting the beast ??? when starting the motor the frist thing in the day hard to start
    what can I do to fix it ???? is there anything beside a can of "" car start """

Sid,
    Might need an adjustment since those motors set on Maritas shelf for a while. My Tohatsu 9.8 I bought from them last year starts just fine.

Give me a ring, I tuned mine for cold starts. Like I mentioned in the prior thread, my Tohatsu 9.8 fourstroke could be a bit cold blooded. I can meet with yah today if you'd like. I'll PM you my number in case you forgot. Might even have an extra set of spark plugs from my old motor that she really like......ngk irridiums.

I have only had mine temps as low as 20.....I have not had any issues with it starting
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Mine starts pretty well when you first start it. After it has sat for awhile it is easy to flood, restarts when warm
    first pull pretty normal, manual recommends premium fuel. The soft gas line has me a little concerned
    easy to set gas can on and starve fuel. Throttle position is very important on starting after first initial sign of
    wanting to start I take choke off. But has not been cold yet so time will tell how it will start as fall sets in!

After trying to start it I would look at the spark pugs and see if there wet or dry. If wet heat them up and do not choke the engine and try again. If dry add a little gas and see what happen.

Good luck

what I did was change the plugs out to the indrum type [don't realy know if it helped ] an start it a little higher up on the gas an starts fine now
    there was some input on that , took the suggestions it help I think , works fine now have not had it out yet