Thread: Reloading Bench plans

Default Reloading Bench plans

I would like to build a reloading bench so I can mount my press and get started with reloading. I know there are commercially made benchs available, but I would rather build my own. I am looking for building plans, can anyone direct me to a website or other source for building reloading benches ?

To date I have started my library of reloading manuals (Nosler, Speer, Barnes) and other books on the subject of firearms, cartridges, etc., acquired some G. David Tubb reloading videos, friends who reload gave me a few pieces of equipment like an RCBS 505 powder scale and powder trickler. I bought an RCBS case lube kit, loading block, powder funnel and a Lee Improved Powder Measurement Kit. I am pretty sure that I need a few more items to be complete for basic reloading. But now I need to build a reloading bench so I can get organized.

Peters Creek

I read about this one a couple of months back and thought it looked like a pretty nice set-up.

I just went though this same process, here is what I came up with from asking questions here, doing much research on other forums, and building my own.

• Build the bench to provide approximately belt buckle height working surface. Short arms? Build taller. Long legs? Build shorter. If you already have a press, mock it up on your kitchen table or counter, and see what the relationship is to a datum point on your body. Build your bench from that relationship.
    • Put a heavy duty shelf underneath that will be at a height comfortable to rest your feet on when sitting on a stool that positions your forearms at a slight upward angle. (handy for case trimming, sorting bullets, priming cases, etc)
    • Build shelves that will put your mechanical scale just below eye level while standing. These shelves should be separated from your bench, if possible, to prevent vibrations from your press operation from effecting your calibration/etc. Same with powder throwers.
    • Build your bench to attach to the wall, and floor, to provide rigidity. I used lots of drywall screws, but may soon go back and glue all the joints. My bench tops are solid doors purchased from home depot. They are strong enough, but the surface is a bit soft.
    • Route a small radius a half inch from the edge of the bench to keep primers and cases from rolling off onto the floor.
    I also replaced all the carpet in the room with vinyl tile from home depot. Makes for much easier cleanup, and a more solid surface to mount the legs of the bench to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1130 (Small).jpg  
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

Thanks for providing some information moses42ak and bgreen, great plans and photo. The corner bench provides a lot of work space for setting up equipment, thoughtful layout. Thanks

Default becnh

check out
    I built one of these and I like it!

Default Sweet!

Nice photo. I have bench envy!