Thread: Hauling a side by side

Default Hauling a side by side

What size trailer is good for hauling a polaris ranger 6x6, would a 11ft cut it.

... go 12' ... your vehicle is approximately 11.3 ft in length... so you decide on how much room you need.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I bought a 20 trailer for my 2011 and I am ****ed glad I did. If you haul a 4 wheeler or other gear with it, you will need the room. I was looking at a 16 footer, but the 20 footer was over $2,000.00 cheaper. I have no regrets.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

I borrowed a 12' trailer to pick up my machine because I knew it wouldn't fit on the 10' trailer I had. 12' was none to big imo. Immediately following the purchase of the 6x I bought a 24' v nose flatbed so I could haul the 6x and 2 wheelers. With just the 6x that trailer didn't seem to big but was more than needed. Now I have the 6x and a 4x ranger that plum fills that trailer up. If I needed to haul anything else it would have to go in the truck bed. If your intention is to "only" haul the 6x look at the weight capacity of any trailer before deciding. You don't want to purchase a trailer that seems big enough only to find out that you are at or over capacity with a machine that has a dry weight of 1551 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    I borrowed a 12' trailer to pick up my machine because I knew it wouldn't fit on the 10' trailer I had. 12' was none to big imo. Immediately following the purchase of the 6x I bought a 24' v nose flatbed so I could haul the 6x and 2 wheelers. With just the 6x that trailer didn't seem to big but was more than needed. Now I have the 6x and a 4x ranger that plum fills that trailer up. If I needed to haul anything else it would have to go in the truck bed. If your intention is to "only" haul the 6x look at the weight capacity of any trailer before deciding. You don't want to purchase a trailer that seems big enough only to find out that you are at or over capacity with a machine that has a dry weight of 1551 lbs.
    X2 on what he said. When looking at your trailer keep in mind that the weight rating includes the weight of the trailer. For example, I have a 24ft Aluma which is rated at 4400 lbs. However, the trailer weighs 1400 so on paper I'm good to load 3000 lbs on the deck. I have loaded mine with two 2010 Ranger 6X6 (22ft deck, 2ft V) and although I'm positive I was over 3000lbs it handled fine, but I wouldn't go much over that.

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    What size trailer is good for hauling a polaris ranger 6x6, would a 11ft cut it.
    So, bottom line would be minimum 12 ft trailer with a weight rating that minus the trailer weight has about 1800 - 2000 lbs of payload capacity left. Most single axle trailers are going to get you to 2,200 lbs. Trailer weight plus the wet weight of your ranger and any gear in it and you'd be over 2,200 lbs real quick. In the dual axle category you can usualy find them used starting at 14ft and depending on make, model, and tire size you'd be in the 3,000 to 4,400 full weight rating category.