Thread: Ministering for the cause.

Default Ministering for the cause.

Christians hand out tracts and bibles for free. Why don't we hand out 22 ammo?

Not as dumb as it may at first seem.

The shooting sports crowd is always trying to encourage young hunters and shooters and new hunters and shooters. It seems we could learn a lot from the Christian set.

What if somebody started a non-profit that encouraged industry to band together to subsidize 22LR ammo and take a rugged firearm design (22LR revolver like the S&W K22, M617 or 18, or Ruger single-six now that the single ten has come out, probably something discontinued but rugged and safe) and open source the patent (like WWII jeeps) and cooperatively produce it at cost for new shooters who take an industry approved/supported basic course and pass a thorough background check (could be an NRA course)?

Would that not drastically encourage new shooters and more than compensate industry by their future purchasing power? Would it not increase the firearms lobbies political clout as well?

Christians give out free bibles, why can't we minister at cost in like manner?
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

I have lost track of how many 22 rifles that I have given to kids. I always have a new in the box 10-22 or Henry H001 on hand in case someone has a baby! I lease a timber just so I can take kids hunting. I have been a part of at least a dozen first deer kills and it is way more fun than killing one myself. I can think of numerous guys like myself doing the same thing. I think the passing it on thing is a big part of who we are as hunters, riflemen. fishermen....whatever. It's just how it's been done for ages. It's not like we need accolades or praise for doing the "passing it on" thing, heck it is loaded with satisfaction and reward. I have so much fun taking a kid hunting that you might even say my reasons for doing it are selfish. Try it you like it and it'll take you back to your boyhood when laying a bead on a squirrels noggin was what you lived for.

So...
    praise the Lord and pass (out) the ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    So...
    Is skipping the first part an option?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Bought a Winchester 67 youth model for my grandson last week, he's a small 8 year old, gonna be his birthday present in March. Got a new grabdson coming in Sept. still working on what his first rifle will be. I've given away lots of 22's to kids (with their parents permission). Even given away several deer rifles to interested young sportmen. I have a new 30-06 in the closet waiting to find a deserveing young sportsperson to own it.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Is skipping the first part an option?
    Nope, "Every knee will bow, every tongue confess..."

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    So...
    See, it just naturally follows don't it...

Quote Originally Posted by RainGull View Post
    Nope, "Every knee will bow, every tongue confess..."
    Best luck with that friend. If you can't keep your church an ammunition seperated, you needn't come knocking on my door. Your idea sounded good to me, up to that point. Perhaps that provides an answer to the question you raised in your OP too...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Got to stay away from the bitters.

Why would one want to separate anyone from their amunition, unless it's to control them?