Thread: Avet Reels

Default Avet Reels

Any body using Avet Reels for bottom fishing in Alaska? I have been looking at their little 2 speed SX for a G-Loomis Bucara rod that I love fishing with. Also looking at their 2 speed JX for a couple of halibut rods. They are spendy, but Father's Day and another birthday are heading my way! If my beautiful daughters or giving son-in-laws read this I like the silver color best.

I love the two that we have. Worth every penny in my opinion. I would buy another before I bought any other brand.
    Tennessee

I have six of them 2 two speed lx and 4 single speeds that they don't make anymore. For salmon fishing I have 6 sx's. They work well and are very tough. @ the end of the year I send them in to avet and they go through the whole reel for $20, never had any problems. I use one of the two speed lx's on the same loomis as you.
    Boatless

They are priced fairly for that type and quality of reel......the guys in California and Baja that use them a lot say that they are not as corrosion resistant as other brands.....there are some negative comments on the Full Speed Fishing site.....and a friend that owns a Baja fishing lodge was not impressed with the corrosion pitting problems.....

I just bought two of the Pro EX 2 speed models, Will be trying them on halibut next week. I will post my thoughts afterward.

I just got a new sx single speed , I have some questions on setting up the different tensions, can you help

Quote Originally Posted by kenairmk View Post
    I just bought two of the Pro EX 2 speed models, Will be trying them on halibut next week. I will post my thoughts afterward.

Went halibut fishing this past week. The avet reels performed flawlessly, very smooth, nice drag. The two speed option was great too. My wife really liked it too. Two thumbs up!