Thread: hwescraft pro V 20' with HT ??

Default hwescraft pro V 20' with HT ??

Just sold my 18' boat, looking to upgrade to something that can handle the salt a bit better, but still be good on our decent sized lakes. I've found a pretty good deal on a new hwescraft 20' pro V with the hard top, and a 115 yamaha.Anyone use 1 of these boats.when used in the salt it would be in and around skagway or over to haines behind sullivan island. It the weather looked very good might make the trip from skagway to hoonah with some other boats once a year maybe.Any advise on the pro would be appreciated. Or is it worth it to spend an extra $15,000 and step up to the 22' sea runner with the HT and alaska bulkhead and a 150hp-200hp

thanks

I have a friend that just purchased the 20 footer with the HT this spring he loves it. He upgraded to an F150 and feels that is a perfect match. If you go with the 22 footer, I highly recommend going with the ocean pro paired with a 200 hp. The extra beam will afford you much more room as well as added stability.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I have an Ocean Pro with a Yamaha 225. Good combination. Fuel use is 10gph at 24 knots and 4800rpm. The boat is tough to fish in more than 15 knots of wind. The bow hunts through the wind and is hard to troll close to shore.

Windypoint.....your numbers are quite a bit off of what the yamaha performance bulletin states for your set up.....how did you come about those numbers. I have a 2284 sea raider (much like an ocean pro) with the Yamaha 225. I do 24 kts at 4000-4200 rpm with burn rates of 8-10 gph (3-3.2 mpg) at cruise depending on how much throttle I feel like using. Stainless prop?.....I changed mine to Stainless and loved the increased performance and lowered burn at cruise.

To the OP......get a 22 footer, and ideally get the Ocean Pro....or a raider. It is so much more boat than a 20 foot, or even compared to a skinny 22 ft SeaRunner model. Skagway to Hoonah means northern Lynn Canal.....would take a mighty nice day for me to brave that trip in a bigger boat much less a 20 footer.
    Last edited by Catch It; 07-27-2012 at 11:57. Reason: fumble fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    Windypoint.....your numbers are quite a bit off of what the yamaha performance bulletin states for your set up.....how did you come about those numbers. I have a 2284 sea raider (much like an ocean pro) with the Yamaha 225. I do 24 kts at 4000-4200 rpm with burn rates of 8-10 gph (3-3.2 mpg) at cruise depending on how much throttle I feel like using. Stainless prop?.....I changed mine to Stainless and loved the increased performance and lowered burn at cruise.

To the OP......get a 22 footer, and ideally get the Ocean Pro....or a raider. It is so much more boat than a 20 foot, or even compared to a skinny 22 ft SeaRunner model. Skagway to Hoonah means northern Lynn Canal.....would take a mighty nice day for me to brave that trip in a bigger boat much less a 20 footer.
    These are the numbers I have seen over two Summers of use. I do have a high performance prop.

i