Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's in Alaska

Default Cabela's in Alaska

Looks like they are going open a store in 2014, not sure it's good news but I'm sure they will be popular.

ooh i hope they put it right next to target. more groceriez & gunz niggaz

Let's hope they are better than the one on Washington State. I have been to the main store in Nebraska and it was pretty awesome...

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

It's going on the empty pad on c st...right next to target lol
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Will be awesome. About time.

The only difference I notice between cabelas and sportsmans is cabelas has their own line of gear, other than that, I see the same stuff at both for about the same price.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I've had sooo many issues with SWH that I won't even go in there anymore. I'll take Cabela's any day of the week, and I can't wait 'till they're up and running. No more ordering!!

I've heard this so many times I hope it's true where did you get the info I hope it's at four corners in wasilla
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

There was an article in the ADN a couple days ago. It's going to be on C st. just south of Costco.

Last edited by AKBighorn; 07-29-2012 at 15:40. Reason: addition

From the Cabela's link: "What can I say about Alaskans? We love them; so many of them live the Cabela's lifestyle."

Whatever "the Cabela's lifestyle" is, I don't think I know any Alaskans living it. Perhaps it's something unique to to the area where they're going to build the new box store(?).
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

More competition = more competitive prices. I hope.

One nice plus, if you order something from the catalogue and have it shipped to the store for pickup, there is no shipping charge.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    From the Cabela's link: "What can I say about Alaskans? We love them; so many of them live the Cabela's lifestyle."

Whatever "the Cabela's lifestyle" is, I don't think I know any Alaskans living it. Perhaps it's something unique to to the area where they're going to build the new box store(?).
    Brand new camo everything and maxed out credit cards?
    Louis Knapp

I am happy and excited about this as well. I got tired of swh pretty quick.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Soon as some one can beat trustworthys prices I'll be excited. Now it's just another place to stop and browse.

I wonder what kind of great tax breaks they will be getting from city hall ???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I think they'll get the same tax breaks that they give to Prevo. Lol

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Back when I was a kid, (wayyyyy back); Cabela’s was a great catalog for a nearly broke outdoors crazy kid to purchase his outdoor supplies. The Cabela’s catalog was an inexpensive place to order and dream of what I could do if I only had one of those…..

Cabela’s has become a little too yuppie for me seems to be going the way of LL Bean and Orvis. Their prices are not all that great. Now days I can find what ever I need locally here in Anchorage, don’t have to wait for it and if I shop around and bargain can usually get it cheaper, also no shipping and handling. Don’t get me wrong I still like to look through the Cabela’s catalog. I did make it to a Cabela’s store in the lower 48 once…stepped through the front door….looked around….....got a huge grin on my face.......felt a little light headed…...…the next thing I know I’m laying on the floor with some guy asking me “Are you ok?”. My wife was a little concerned but guy told her not to worry he sees this happen all the time when a male enters a Cabela's for the first time.

And I have never forgiven Cabela’s for helping to put Hurter’s out of business.

Never Yet Melted » Herter’s Catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    Back when I was a kid, (wayyyyy back); Cabela’s was a great catalog for a nearly broke outdoors crazy kid to purchase his outdoor supplies. The Cabela’s catalog was an inexpensive place to order and dream of what I could do if I only had one of those…..

I did make it to a Cabela’s store in the lower 48 once…stepped through the front door….looked around….....got a huge grin on my face.......felt a little light headed…...…the next thing I know I’m laying on the floor with some guy asking me “Are you ok?”. My wife was a little concerned but guy told her not to worry he sees this happen all the time when a male enters a Cabela's for the first time.

That's how I felt about the original Bass Pro Shops I went to in Springfield, MO. Growing up in FL was all about Bass fishing, Bass tournaments, and Bass Pro Shops LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast