Thread: Anybody Get Bait Out This Weekend??

Default Anybody Get Bait Out This Weekend??

Just wonderin how many people managed to get bait out this weekend?...All i did was claim two spots with the station tags and hauled one barrel up.
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Me and my boy got 2 out today. It was Raining sideways ALL DAY! My son Dan found out that it is not a good Idea to try to drag a Barrel full of about 100 lbs of bait down a steep hill. They can turn sideways and pick up some real speed as they roll down the hill. He got out of the way and all was good. I got a real good laugh out of it.

Woody

Default Too much snow over my way.

Too much snow over my way. May next week.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Still way to early to put bait out. It will be a couple weeks before baits start to get hit
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

There isn't much snow in fairbanks. I'm willing to bet that guy's will have bears hit their bait within 5 days. To much ice to for me to put bait out though.

-Eric

up north they tend to hit first. unit 14 seems they hit from second week mid may and unit 7 area usally around the 20 they tend to hit.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I spent a good portion of today trying to get my bait out. Still a little bit too much snow, but by next weekend I should be able to get my bait out if the weather stays warm like it is.

Mark

I checked trails. There was still too much snow.

The first geese I've seen for the season flew over my house yesterday.

I've been baiting near Cantwell for 14 years now and have NEVER been hit before May 24th.I usually try to get mine set up by the 12th of May.My buddies stand in Talkeetna and he usually gets hit a week before me.It's a late spring,to early for bait!

Default steve....

is your friends intilials S.T. ?

just wondering if you're the same steve

Yep, got mine out yesterdy. Not much snow on the ground in the hill around here (close to FB). I dont know when it will get hit, but dang, bin waitin all winter, i dont want to wait till May!

That would be him sh,the one and only S.T.!

Default early

This would be pretty darn early. I am sure there are a "few" bears out, but even then, it takes the bears awhile to get to eating, so there isn't much consistency until they do that. Earliest I've ever seen one was April 29th, tracks in the snow at the bait. Most action not until May 15 and later.

me and my buddy took ours out yesterday. Were hunting around Livengood area. This is both of our first times bear baiting. i know that they won't be hit for a few weeks from now, but i've been cooped up in the house this winter and i wanted to get out. plus i just bought a Sportsmen 450 that i was dieing to try out. Stand requires a little work too. So in a few weeks i'll check the game cam out. i'm sure that it'll get hit, but by things other than Blackies.

It's always good to get out early anyway. You never know what you might see and you might find another area that is better then what you planned on.
    Where I go still has allot of snow and there is no way I want to climb through the snow with 100 pounds of dog food on my back.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Baiting

I have learned to not put the bait out too early. My first two years I started setting out bait right on the 15th of April and it is proving to be a mistake! I bait in unit 14a and have not seen blackies out until the vegetation first starts turning green. I will not be placing any bait at the station until after May 1st this year...I end up spending too much $$ on fuel getting there and back for nothing!