Thread: Amazing day in Copper River Canyon!

Default Amazing day in Copper River Canyon!

Yesterday was simply amazing at Chitina! 120 reds in 4.5 hours, sunshine and 70 degrees it couldnt have been any better. My wife and I took two friends who havenít been dip netting before and they had an absolute blast. We were on the river by 530am and cleaning fish by 1030am. Freezers full of fish and great memories that will last a lifetime, Alaska is an amazing place!

Hope the good fishing keeps up until Sunday/Monday! I've filled my ticket, but hope to get both this week's and next week's supplimentals. I would absolutely kill for some great weather up there while fishing. Each time we've mad the run it's been either gray or gray and raining. But I guess beggers can't be choosers. Love the scenery and fishing there so much more than on the pennisula.

Your post made my day! Heading out in the morning hoping that the good fishing continues for at least a few more days. A little worried that the warm weather will bring the water up more and slow the fishing.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Went for the first time dip netting yesterday. Me and a buddy avg little over 6 in an hour. Didn't care for the sweeping method much as i found muscles I didn't know where there.

Averaged 17/hour on Sat.

Wow, way to go!