Thread: What is the current state of NFA ownership in Anchorage?

Default What is the current state of NFA ownership in Anchorage?

Seems I remember the APD chief would not sign off and the role was transfered to the state police. Is my memory correct?

It’s supposed to be THE “chief” law enforcement officer of the area. I would think that’s the Troopers not APD but I‘m not sure. Out here it’s Trooper Captain Hans Brinky at the Palmer post, call the Troopers and ask who the official chief LEO is and they will point you in the right direction. You can bypass the signature if you set up a trust or corporation, most are going with a simple trust now I believe.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    It’s supposed to be THE “chief” law enforcement officer of the area. I would think that’s the Troopers not APD but I‘m not sure. Out here it’s Trooper Captain Hans Brinky at the Palmer post, call the Troopers and ask who the official chief LEO is and they will point you in the right direction. You can bypass the signature if you set up a trust or corporation, most are going with a simple trust now I believe.
    IIRC you still have to get the signature the fisrt time to set up the trust but not for additional NFA items under the trust.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I know it was always possable to get a sign off outside of Anchorage. But in Anchorage the the chief LEO was the chief of APD. The chief I am refering to has been gone maybe 10 years and simply refused to sign off on anyone. I think that made someone in power switch the chief LEO in Anchorage to the SP. I am just going of dim memory here.
    Edit: It was Walt Monegan that would not sign off.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

For form 4 or 1 personal (not trust) go to APD web site and download / print the Class III application packet. fill it out. once your dealer has your item in hand and you are ready to proceed, call the APD number and leave a mesage. they will call back to schedule an interview. show up with your form 4 or 1 in duplicate, do the interview, pay your $150 and then wait between 1 day and 2 weeks for Mark Mew to sign your forms. they will call you and tell you they are done. go pick them up, put them in a folder with your $200 check to ATF, attached passport photos and two sets of fingerprint cards. mail. wait 6-8 months.... done deal
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nbh40 View Post
    IIRC you still have to get the signature the fisrt time to set up the trust but not for additional NFA items under the trust.
    I believe LEO sig NOT required for trust. no photos, no fingerprints either. check BATFE web site to be sure
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio