Thread: Need ideas for a table saw out-feed table project.

Default Need ideas for a table saw out-feed table project.

I have to build a removable out-feed table to accompany a portable Bosch table saw. Due to the sag of uhmw, or ripping pieces of white ash as long as 12 ft, I decided an out-feed table of 5 ft, accompanied by a roller stand (when needed) would suffice. A 5 ft outfeed table would give me almost 6.5 ft of length pass the cut, which won't leave cut pieces teetering. I decided to build the outfeed out of aluminum plate (possibly 1/4") and reinforced with about 5 pieces of 1" aluminum square tubing 12" on center and all along the underside perimeter. It would be about 40 ft. of square tubing used or 4 10 ft. sticks. Finally, I was going to shoot a coat of epoxy paint onto the work surface with my HVLP gun. Does anybody have an idea of how much a table like this would cost? Consider the dimensions 5 ft x 5 ft.

Rosseau out-feed tables are way too expensive, so I'm hoping to save some cash. Has anyone undertaken a portable/removable out-feed table project? Any interesting ways to level your table, attach it to the table saw, or pictures? Would it be safe to place the out-feed table surface 1/8" below the table saw surface without sacrificing the precision of my cuts? Is Alaska Steel the best show in town to get my materials?

You might look at aluminum channels, rather than square tubes. Plenty strong and a bit cheaper . . . And I don't think that 1/8" drop would affect the cuts.

Default Google it?

Have you thought of typing "table saw outfeed table" into Google? Lots of ideas there . .

Just for starters . . .

that's a nice build, thanks for the link. I did find two sets of threaded holes underneath the table, so may run the two pieces c-channel or sqaure tubing a bit further out to be bolted under the table? I like the simplicity of that guy's model, but since mine is a portable that gets moved around alot, I may utilze the two sets of threaded holes so that I can pack the saw away when not in use and still remove the table to be stored behind the saw.

I think 1/4" aluminum would be too heavy. 3/4" Okume or Birch Ply covered with thick Formica
    would do the trick. Make your legs abit short to allow for the screw type ajustable level units.
    That way it can be adjusted to whatever floor you have it on.